Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked it up yesterday. I haven't shot it yet but, it's already my all time favorite. :)

Here it is with it's short barreled siblings. Top to bottom: Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum; Vaquero Bird's Head.45acp; Vaquero Montado .357Mag-.38 Spec.;

As soon as my Sack Peterson Elk Horn Stag grips arrive for my Stainless Blackhawk Flattop .45 Convertible, I'll post an upgraded photo of my growing family of Ruger Single Action revolvers. Up to 7 now, say's proud papa. :)

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Nice gun. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure. Nice little family of revolvers by the way.

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
Holy crap is that iron beautiful! I love it! Congratulations.

I just picked it up yesterday. I haven't shot it yet but, it's already my all time favorite. :)

Here it is with it's short barreled siblings. Top to bottom: Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum; Vaquero Bird's Head.45acp; Vaquero Montado .357Mag-.38 Spec.;

As soon as my Sack Peterson Elk Horn Stag grips arrive for my Stainless Blackhawk Flattop .45 Convertible, I'll post an upgraded photo of my growing family of Ruger Single Action revolvers. Up to 7 now, say's proud papa. :)

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Quiet 1 what a beautiful trio, I like all three. But my preference has to go to the Montado based only because it's .357/38special. You seem to be able to find these beauties! I have done some looking found what looks your Montado but still cannot remember the brand! I know it wasn't Uberti or Cimmaron!! Darn the gun shop had Ruger Vaquero's but nothing in a Birds Head or Montado! Now thinking of trying to find a Ruger BlackHawk Convertible Model .357/38special with a 9mm cylinder. But really want the 4-5/8 or shorter barrel. You have some very nice Ruger single actions there thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I now for the very first time actually own a Sig 1911 in 45ACP. So now I'm jealous. I now want a birdshead gripped Vaquero in 45 ACP to join my collection of mostly double action short barreled revolvers. Smithy.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you fella's for the kind compliments. I appreciate them. I wish I were more skilled at taking pictures to convey the short barreled, high polish trio's beautiful high polish finish. It really makes them pop

Nice gun. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure. Nice little family of revolvers by the way.
Actually, I've got a total of 7 Ruger single action revolvers. I'm cleaning up the other 4, so I can post a new Family Photo of all 7. Stay tuned. :)

- - - I like all three. But my preference has to go to the Montado based only because it's .357/38special. You seem to be able to find these beauties! - - - - Now thinking of trying to find a Ruger BlackHawk Convertible Model .357/38special with a 9mm cylinder. But really want the 4-5/8 or shorter barrel. - - - -
gqucool, They're out there. Don't give up looking. You might want to try Gallery of Guns. They make it really easy. Put in your Zip code and if they have what you're looking for, press the instant quote button, They'll provide quotes from several different dealers in you area. If you like the price quoted press the "Buy It" button and, if your dealer will have it either UPS overnight or 2nd day air. Couldn't be easier.

Here's a link to a bunch of 4 ⅝" Vaqueros in .357 that are in stock and available. You can also look for Balckhawk Convertibles, 4 ⅝", .357 / 9mm I didn't look for Montado's but that's where I found mine.
www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

Of course there's also Buds, Gunbroker.com and Gunsamerica.com too.

Good luck with your search. Sometimes that's as much fun as the purchase. :) BTW, I have the Blackhawk Convertible 4 ⅝", .357 / 9mm and really like it. Like you, I prefer the shorter barrel length.

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
I was hoping this thread would fall off the page to never return again. I can't stand to see that beautiful gun. :) I need one of them.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Heh, heh, heh.....another victim seduced by this cunning little vixen! Enjoy it - it's a real hoot to shoot!

Where did you get the cool white grip panels?

Wave

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Very nice indeed; enjoy them forever...

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
That is absolutely gorgeous..... ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have one of these in .45acp in the polished stainless. It was my first revolver in decades.

When I saw it in the LGS I liked it. When I saw it was .45 acp i was curious, and after going back a few times looking at it I was totally smitten with it and had to have it.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
- - - after going back a few times looking at it I was totally smitten with it and had to have it.
I had never seen or held a Bird's Head model. It was Waveform's (and a few others) pictures that got me smitten. :D

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heh, heh, heh.....another victim seduced by this cunning little vixen! Enjoy it - it's a real hoot to shoot!
Yep. Seduced BY YOUR PICTURES of this cunning little vixen. It's all your fault. :D

Where did you get the cool white grip panels?
That's a long, convoluted story. Short answer, to my total surprise, they were included in the box along with the original dark wood laminate grips.

Here's a link to a vendor who offers some beautiful looking faux ivory bird's head grips.

Ruger Pistol Grips (gunfighter)

I actually had ordered and paid for a set of these. When I discovered that the gun already had a set included, Mr. Jim Badger was kind enough to allow me to cancel my order.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
350 Posts
That's a beauty! After seeing so many pics of these I finally gave in & bought one (blued, 45 ACP) for myself. I've always wanted a both a SA, & a revolver chambered in 45 ACP, so this fits both bills. It'll be a couple of weeks before I'll have a chance to pick it up, but I'm extremely excited. Congrats on your newest addition!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts