Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it isn't a Ruger.

I wanted something small enough to pocket carry as I am in shorts and a polo or t-shirt for the majority of the year here.

So, I found a Sig P938 SAS on sale at a local store for $549 and decided to get it. I had been looking at them for awhile now.

Took it to the range once, put 50 Speer Gold Dots and 50 FMJ through it...one issue in the very first magazine that could had been the fact that I squished the last round in the mag and it was not sitting very nicely in it (the mag springs is crazy stiff). After that first one, everything went very smoothly. More accurate than I am and had very nice grouping out to 15 yards, it spread out at 25 yards, but it is a 3 inch barrel so I was happy to be hitting center mass consistently :) Very snappy little thing as you would expect, but it is a 9mm and smaller than my hand.

Anyways, gonna put a few hundred more rounds through it before it takes on the EDC role it was bought for.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats on the new Sig. I had a P238 in that same configuration and loved it. Stupidly, got rid of it and wish I had it back.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Congratulations on your new P938! IMO, they are great, lightweight carry firearms.

I've owned my P938 Rosewood for a couple of years. The sole issue I've had is with the 2-piece guide rod loosening while at the range (after about 300 rounds). Seems to be a known issue. I applied some blue loctite to the threads and have fired about 200 more rounds. I checked the guide rod while cleaning and the loctite is holding.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice pistola! Congrats.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations on your new P938! IMO, they are great, lightweight carry firearms.

I've owned my P938 Rosewood for a couple of years. The sole issue I've had is with the 2-piece guide rod loosening while at the range (after about 300 rounds). Seems to be a known issue. I applied some blue loctite to the threads and have fired about 200 more rounds. I checked the guide rod while cleaning and the loctite is holding.
I have read that this could be an issue...I have also read that more recent built firearms have seemed to solve this issue...I did check mine and it is tight to where I can unscrew it by hand so hopefully it will never be an issue, but I will check it everytime the gun is apart for a cleaning.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations mate.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, quick update.

Took it to the range a couple of times making it 3 times to shot total now.

400 rounds through it: a mixture of 124gr +P HP, 124gr FMJ, and 115 gr FMJ. Various manufacturers.

It is very dependable. I had an issue on the very first magazine where I had a double feed cause a FTE issue, but I chock that up to some extremely stout magazine springs...and how the last round in the mag sits at a weird angle compared to the others. But it was once and never anything after that.

The feel of the gun is great for such a small weapon, although if I had just a bit more space on the magazine for my pinky finger, I would be a happier camper. But I can get a good grip on the gun and have no fear of it coming out of my hand like on other small CCW type of weapons I tested. My hands are about normal size I would say.

Accuracy is way awesome for a gun with a 3 inch barrel. At 7 yards all the holes in the paper touch when firing with a second in between shots, faster 3 round groups are about half an inch from each other. At 25 yards, I can keep rounds in a 6 inch group if I use that second between rounds, fast shooting is not so great...but it is a 3 inch barrel.

Recoil is about what I expected from a small pistol in 9mm, snappy to say the least but not 357 out of a snubby snappy. More like a 40 out of a Glock 23 :) Easy to get back on target with the Sig sights that come standard within a fraction of a second.

Maintenance is a breeze, if you have taken a 1911 apart, you have no issues, if not, check out a youtube vid.

I wore it out in my AlienGear holster and almost forgot it was there.

All in all. I really, really like this gun.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Congrats on the new Sig Sauer...great little pistol!

My wife has a Sig P-230 in .380 acp that she absolutely loves...I'm impressed with the quality and accuracy of the little older pistol.

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
Very nice! Congrats. Hard to go wrong with a Sig. Great firearms. Enjoy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congratulations, that is a great little pistol. I carry a P238 and love it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts