Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you might like to see the newest in my collection.

Here it is with a new 20 inch Black fade to Gun metal gray barrel.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
what type of wood?
Sure is purty!!!!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
That is beautiful! I like that stock much better than some of these real racy stocks folks put on 10/22s. That is really sharp. Even has the Ruger eagle in it and on the bolt to, if I see correctly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try to answer all your questions.
The stock is form a company called S&K and here is the link to them.
http://www.sandkgunstocks.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNTH&Store_Code=SKG&Category_Code=FEATURED

The stock is made from what S&K calls Ultra Walnut. It is made from a piece of African Mahogany (which runs the entire length of the stock)sandwiched between two pieces of Carbon fiber and then that is sandwiched between two pieces of either fancy grade or extra fancy grade Walnut (mine is the extra fancy grade). S&K's website explains it better then I can. They offer Laser engraving also (which is how my Ruger logo was put on).

As far as the details, here is a complete rundown of the rifle.

•S&K Ultra Walnut Extra Fancy stock, 1 inch recoil pad and laser engraved

•Trigger Work by Randy at CPC
o 2.0 - 2.4 lb trigger pull
o Trigger and hammer side shims
o Trigger over travel screw
o Forward anti-creep/slack screw
o Auto-bolt release conversion
o Single stage pull reworked to be as crisp as possible
o Oversize receiver pins installed to tighten trigger group
o Extended magazine release installed

Bolt Work by Randy at CPC
o Bolt is totally disassembled, cleaned, deburred
o Bolt face is surface ground and squared to .0425" LR rim headspace depth; same as bolt action rifle for accuracy and reduced flyers
o Bolt side is beautifully prism jeweled
o A hole is E.D.M.'ed and a stainless dowel pin pressed in over the front of the firing pin to hold it from raising up, reducing flyers and to get more consistent firing pin strikes.
o Bolt buffer installed.

•18 inch black fade to gun metal gray compensated whistle Pig barrel.

•Superior Tactical Ruger logo charging handle, rod and spring.

•Center point 3-12 X 44mm compact scope with side adjustable AO.

•Leupold QRW medium height rings.

Your right about the Ruger logo on the charging handle also.

·
Banned
282 Posts
<center>WOW!</center>

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by jjfunk

What is your overall opinion of the Whistle Pig? I have been thinking about an ultralite ultimate, and was thinking either that or the new chambered Tac-Sol.
I Love Whistle Pig barrels, They are light and very very accurate. I have 2 now and could have bought a Tac Sol but didn't like the fact that they only come in one length.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts

Had to post the picture on page 2 also, hope you don't mind.
She is sweet so sweet. Thanks for sharing, that is the way to do a ruger. I'll take 3 please.
I have been holding off on customizing my 10/22 because I really hadn't seen a way to go that really pleased me. If you don't mind, and I can afford it I would love to copy that checkering. Ruger should really consider that as an option on many of there rifles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by peace

Had to post the picture on page 2 also, hope you don't mind.
She is sweet so sweet. Thanks for sharing, that is the way to do a ruger. I'll take 3 please.
I have been holding off on customizing my 10/22 because I really hadn't seen a way to go that really pleased me. If you don't mind, and I can afford it I would love to copy that checkering. Ruger should really consider that as an option on many of there rifles.
Please feel free to use any ideas you have gotten from my rifle. The Ruger logo was my idea to let other shooters know exactly what brand of rifle my little .22 was at a glance since to be honest except for the receiver it doesn't look much like a lowly little 10/22 carbine that it started out as.

Since I posted the picture I have made one improvement to it. it now has a Leupold VX-II 3-9 X 33 EFR scope mounted. Although the Center Point I originally had on it was decent, the Leupold is a giant step up in balance and quality.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts