·
Registered
236 Posts
Good looking .22.

Reactions: jarhead127

·
Registered
903 Posts
My son is getting a TC 6.5 creed moor. The stock on the 22 i think you will like. My savage A22 has a Boyd's laminate thumb-hole stock.

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR,
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My son is getting a TC 6.5 creed moor. The stock on the 22 i think you will like. My savage A22 has a Boyd's laminate thumb-hole stock.
Your son's gonna like that. I gave 6.5 a long look, but just didn't wanna get into another caliber this late in the game, so went with .223. I got into TC's with muzzleloaders years ago and a buddy was absolutely addicted to the TC Contenders. They have always had an extremely high quality product and I think this .22 has some great innovations along with a gang of pirated ones. :cool: Waitin on my wife's Boyd Spike camp in Blu as we speak.

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
There's nothing about that rifle that appeals to me but if it appeals to you I wish you much success in finding one. I'm positive some folks don't understand some of my gun choices either. It's all good.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's nothing about that rifle that appeals to me but if it appeals to you I wish you much success in finding one. I'm positive some folks don't understand some of my gun choices either. It's all good.
Oh yeah, it's all good, but geez guys it's a SS 10/22 with a fluted bull barrel + target stock. I thought you'd be on your knees facing Mecca about now! :unsure:

·
Registered
796 Posts
What a beauty, fluted SS threaded barrel, pic rail machined into the receiver, ambi thumbhole stock (for us southpaws), and it's even drilled in the back so you can clean it from the breech end. I love my old TC Scout, love my new Venture II, think this one's next up! Performance Center® T/CR22® with Hogue® OverMolded® Thumbhole Stock - Thompson/Center
Here you go if you want the ultimate in 22 shooting. Check them out. The Bergara is a little more budget friendly.

Bergara BXR 22 LR Semi Auto Rifle with Carbon Fiber Barrel
Bergara.jpg
Vudoo V-22
The Vudoo is a barreled action you can drop it in the stock of your choice.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here you go if you want the ultimate in 22 shooting. Check them out. The Bergara is a little more budget friendly.

Bergara BXR 22 LR Semi Auto Rifle with Carbon Fiber Barrel
View attachment 152226
Vudoo V-22
The Vudoo is a barreled action you can drop it in the stock of your choice.
Well that's nice, but it's just a 10/22 clone also. TC has all the carbon fiber wrapped barrels too, I just like the SS since that's the version 10/22 I gave to my GD. Not pullin anyhting up on the Vudoo.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well that's nice, but it's just a 10/22 clone also. TC has all the carbon fiber wrapped barrels too, I just like the SS since that's the version 10/22 I gave to my GD. Not pullin anyhting up on the Vudoo.
I'm a fan of stainless steel, too. Given my druthers, all of my rifles would be stainless in synthetic stocks. Weather resistance is paramount in my book, and I like not having to worry about stock dings and nicks in a blued finish.

I have a Winchester 1873 (.357 Magnum), which is a beautiful rifle, but I'm not comfortable taking it anywhere other than the range. Heck, I even have it in a gun sock inside the safe just to keep other long guns from marring it.

I love that rifle, but if I could get a stainless version, I'd be in heaven.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nice score on the 1873 Redhawk. My bucket list gun by Uberti or Miroku. Heard they do a wonderful job on em. Too bad Winchester could not have base those Commemoratives on the period correct 1873 when they were still alive.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,877 Posts
Op,

Reminds .me of the one i built years before ruger sold them that way, hogue overmold, butler creek fluted .920 barrel, then i turned it down and threaded it 1/2×28 for eventually suppressing. Put in a TG 2000 trigger, its a very accurate 22. I have shot shotgun hulls at 100 yards with it pretty easily. Mine likes the cci 40 grain green tag ammo around 1050, or 1080 fps. Will post a picture later.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,877 Posts
Here is mine has a nikon bdc 3x9x40 on it. Weaver 6 hole tactical rings and i cant remember the muzzle protector and bipod i used but its a 9-13".

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is mine has a nikon bdc 3x9x40 on it. Weaver 6 hole tactical rings and i cant remember the muzzle protector and bipod i used but its a 9-13".

View attachment 152253
Very KEWL! I wish I could bring myself to put some nice optics on a .22, but my cheapness runs deep! That's things gotta be a tackdriver.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,877 Posts
Very KEWL! I wish I could bring myself to put some nice optics on a .22, but my cheapness runs deep! That's things gotta be a tackdriver.
Thanks. Its super accurate. I put it up against a buddies savage bolt 22, also a target rifle, heavy barrel fluted, mcmillan stock etc. think he paid $700 or $800 for his NICE rifle, but they shoot very close to each other despite comparing a semi to a bolt gun. We have a blast with them at 100 yards. Up close gets boring shooting hole for hole.

Reactions: jarhead127

·
Registered
846 Posts
T/c are decent rifle but they can't compete with Ruger's accuracy. I do dislike a rubber stock and a laminated wood would be a lot nicer. Vudoo are sweet and worth avery penny as they are competition gun.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
T/c are decent rifle but they can't compete with Ruger's accuracy. I do dislike a rubber stock and a laminated wood would be a lot nicer. Vudoo are sweet and worth avery penny as they are competition gun.
Haven't had my Venture II up to the range yet, maybe next week. Anxious to see what that 5R rifling's all about. I'm expecting good things but shootin factory ammo to start. Then, got some Sierra 60gr TMK's to load up. Either the Ruger .17HMR or the Venture's gonna get a Boyd's stock. Just depends which one makes me smile more. Wife's is supposed to be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
What a beauty, fluted SS threaded barrel, pic rail machined into the receiver, ambi thumbhole stock (for us southpaws), and it's even drilled in the back so you can clean it from the breech end. I love my old TC Scout, love my new Venture II, think this one's next up! Performance Center® T/CR22® with Hogue® OverMolded® Thumbhole Stock - Thompson/Center
I've gotten back more into .22lr's this past year...and am absolutely LOVING it!
The re-worked 10/22 receiver on a Thompson Center chassis looks AWESOME!
I just did a 10/22 build with a Keystone barrel on a Magpul Hunter stock...and it's a very tight shooter!
Wishin' I had an extra $500 buckaroo's laying around!

Reactions: Tacky
1 - 20 of 42 Posts