Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one and only complaint I have about the SP101 in 327 FM is the rear sight. WTF was Ruger thinking? Why didn't they just mill the rear sight like they do for the 357/38? I have broken that rear blade twice while carrying IWB. The fact that I'm becoming a bit of a pork chop with a dickey-do belly (that's where your belly sticks out more than your dickey-do:eek:) may be the reason, but if the rear sight was milled, it wouldn't have happened.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I agree with you on that one. Could you possibly get a Smith & Wesson adjustable sight from a J frame .22 installed by a gunsmith? Just a thought also I have seen just regular SP101's that has had adjustable sights custom installed but then you have to resort to some costmon this! Hope you can find something that works! I wanted the same gun but backed off because of the cost of the ammo! Good luck to you do some search under double action herenon the Ruger forum or Google Ruger SP 101 adjustable sights bet something will come up under custom sight work done by a gunsmith.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
(that's where your belly sticks out more than your dickey-do:eek:)
Sorry, can't help on the .327, but... lol, thanks for the new description.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I own a SP101 and agree that the rear sight is very thin. However, I've been fortunate and never had it break. While at home, it's loaded with .327, but for cost savings I shoot cheap .32 S&W at the range. It's extremely comfortable to shoot all day long.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
That's why my chosen SP101 has fixed sights as well as my short barreled GP100. Fixed sights do not move nor gouge you in the dickey do. Smithy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts