·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an old one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Looks nice, how do you like it? I was thinking of picking up either a GI or a Mil Spec for my next pistol. I don't own a 1911 yet, you can't be taken seriously as a firearms collector until you own a 1911. [:p]

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it. It's all steel so it's pretty heavy, but it shoots good. I just ordered a couple more 6 round magazines. I bought the gun used and it only had one magazine with it. The only thing I need to add is a beavertail grip safety. Every once in a while this thing bites the web of my hand pretty good.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That looks smaller than my Combat Commander...is it like an Officer's Model?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
nice shooter andand a very nice group also.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice. I'd like to get one. I don't own a 1911....yet. I've been looking.

Jman

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Very nice! After just getting my PT1911 I've been debating either a basic Rock Island Armory or a Springfield G.I hicap model.

·
Registered
304 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Taurus_9mm

Very nice! After just getting my PT1911 I've been debating either a basic Rock Island Armory or a Springfield G.I hicap model.
I checked out a Springfield Hi-Cap today and I really didn't like it. The grip on it was HUGE! People really aren't exaggerating when they say they are massively thick. I have pretty big hands and it felt terrible to me. Most of them only have 10-round mags anyways. It's not worth the horrendous comfort for only 2 or 3 more rounds, especially considering how devastating 7 or 8 rounds from a .45 can be.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

That looks smaller than my Combat Commander...is it like an Officer's Model?
Springfield calls it a Champion. It has the short (6 round mag) butt like the Officer's Model, but has a 4" barrel. I think the Officer's Model has a 3-1/2" barrel. I got my new stainless magazines from Cheaper than Dirt Wednesday, but haven't had a chance to get it to the range yet.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by jaredshs

rman---great looking Springfield. You shoot it well!
Thanks! (But the truth is, that was only at 10 yards.)

·
Banned
282 Posts
I own a Springfield "GI" Champion, 4", Parkerized. It is a great shooting, reliable pistol. However, they are not build to military specs, and are imported from Brazil. It is semi-mil-spec for lack of a better term.

Springfield does have a Mil-Spec model that is true to original design, for more money of course.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I see this all the time,what happen to the pictures?
That was a 10 year old post. Poster probably deleted pictures, or cancelled/changed their photo hosting site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts