Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this gun a few months now, have shot 1,200 rounds through it, and really enjoy shooting it. One of the tips that I picked up here on the forum was to get a Wolff #19 spring for it, and I did so. That improved the gun a good bit.

I have a Browning Buck Mark .22 pistol that I have recently made two modifications to that have changed the gun dramatically. One was to install a trigger that has an "over travel" screw. Being able to stop the rearward motion of the trigger right at the point of hammer release made a wonderful change in how the gun shoots. The other modification I made was to flip the sear spring upside down, lightening the trigger pull to a point where it now has a very pleasant pull to it. But, I digress.

Back to the P345... Still (for lack of a better term), there is a lot of "slack movement" in the trigger that I'd like to get rid of. Is there anything that I can do here at home? Or is this an area that only a gunsmith can help me with? Your insight/advice is appreciated, amigos!

Amistad
'thankful in Texas'

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If it were me, I'd take it to a gunsmith. But then I'm one of the mechcanicly challanged, to use the Clintonesque PC term.
"Mike Henry,git away from that wheel barrow, you know you don't know nuttin 'bout machinery!"

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,667 Posts
Amistad, The slack you speak of is part of the design and is a necessary evil. The pistol was designed as a DA/SA. As such, you will find trigger travel in SA that appears to do nothing, however in DA, that same travel is moving the hammer back. The only way to remove the slack is to demo the existing design and rebuild the gun as a SA only or a DA only.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by Iowegan

Amistad, The slack you speak of is part of the design and is a necessary evil.
Many thanks, Iowegan. Your succinct reply casts the issue in a different light for me and I'll just have to learn to live with it.

Amistad
'now enjoying some slack in Texas'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts