Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a fun gun. I like taking it out with the high cap rifles and burning some serious ammo through it. It has never had any malfunction of any kind in the thousands of rounds that've gone through it...from premium hollow points to the cheap metal cased stuff. It is now the wife's as it was the only way she'd allow me to purchase another pistol. It pains me to give it away although I know I can handle it and shoot it as I please. It is remarkably accurate and soft shooting. Everyone who's handled it mentions that it feels good and balances well in the hand.

It's got an EFK Fire Dragon ported barrel, Mec-Gar Tritium target sights (rear sight melded to reduce holster snags), Springco guide rod, and a Hogue grip. 20Rd mag inserted for effect :D.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's how she likes it [:p]

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish. When I bought it I was single and lived for my hobbies. These days I'm not making any more money and I've got a wife and two kids that are my priority. I can still have fun customizing, it just takes a whole lot longer to get things done [V].

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You know Rick, of all the guns I have, my KP89DC is my favorite! It isn't the best, most accurate pistol I own, but it is the most comfortable firearm in my collection. What I mean is, it just feels good to me. There's not a lot I can do to it. I put some Hogue wrap around grips on it, cleaned up the trigger connector parts & polished the trigger & hammer & bought a laser from Ron Honner for it. Even with those simple mods, I can re-lie on my P89 to get the job done! ;)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine had a decent trigger out of the box. The single action is pretty sloppy but has a light pull and clean break. I guess that's the exception rather than the norm?

Of all double stack pistols only the Ruger P's and CZ's (except for the .45acp) feel good in my hands.

The reliability and ruggedness that comes bone stock is the other thing that had me sold on it.

I tried out so many semi-auto pistols at the range when I bought this...it was the only one out of several much more expensive pistols (some costing twice as much) that really impressed me. The rolling recoil of the swinging link barrel was also a familiar feeling as with 1911's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts