Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Is that the smallest 9 that Ruger makes? About 3 years ago, I bought my sister a stainless 9 with polymer frame-hers was a safety model-I had just bought my P97DAO and P97D---is the P95 the only polymer frame 9 they make? I wasn't impressed with the 10-rd. capacity at that time, but a hi-cap 9 would be a real treat-been reading Camp's comparisons between .38 and 9----getting the itch. Sure looks compact.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not real compact, but it's just right, in my opinion. It came with 2 X "double stacked" 15 round magazines, depending on where you live. I just love it...:D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
hello very nice lookin , what did you do to the grips they look different? like coated? like the polished look also dremmel tool?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It took 4 months to get like that... A little here, a little there...
Here's what she looks like tonight...

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by shaner

hello very nice lookin , what did you do to the grips they look different? like coated? like the polished look also dremmel tool?
The grips are the factory stipple... It comes like that on the newer model...

No Dremel use here... 100% hand polished, finished using 3M #401Q IMPERIAL WETORDRY 1500 grit...

The slide is now preped for Duracoat Clear or Metalife Hard Chrome... Still deciding...[^]

I'll probably go with the Clear Duracoat because I like the blued slide serations and the decock lever serations... and I don't think the vendor could do the slide and leave those areas blued...

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

The grips are the factory stipple... It comes like that on the newer model...

No Dremel use here... 100% hand polished, finished using 3M #401Q IMPERIAL WETORDRY 1500 grit...

The slide is now preped for Duracoat Clear or Metalife Hard Chrome... Still deciding...[^]

I'll probably go with the Clear Duracoat because I like the blued slide serations and the decock lever serations... and I don't think the vendor could do the slide and leave those areas blued...
Thanks for the info. I have been using 400 grit on the inside of my rifles and shotguns, didn't know what to use on the outside. Did you start with a stainless slide or a blued slide? Must say you have done a beautiful job on her RNettles.

·
Registered
693 Posts
RNettles, how did you work around and between letters stamped on the barrel-chamber block? I found it's very hard to reach with sandpaper or even dremel polishing head.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used 1500 grit sand paper right over the lettering with the barrel removed from the pistol... I didn't polish in the depth of the text, just "flatted" right over it... Same for the slide... In fact, if you look at the serations of the slide, they are still blued... I like the way it looks...:D

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thank you, RNettles. I was working on the block last nite. Obviously "removed from the pistol" :D Mine has a bad stamp - very hard to completely flat surface without taking letters off. So, I'm puzzled how to polish between of them, not in the dept. The opposite side is just about perfect.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used a small leather brush that has a flat surface made from wood... wrapped the sand paper over that and made sure I contacted the whole surface flat... worked great...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts