Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda got a yen a while back for a 1911 that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and have read some good things about the Rock Island Armory guns so I spent some of my last SS check and bought one. It won't take the place of my P97 as a carry gun but so far looks like it may be a real shooter.:)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Congrats!
I too have heard good things about them and Have fired one belonging to a city officer. Seemed like a good weapon to me and from what i understand, they now have a "loaded" model with different sights and an ambi safety for under $400.00. Dang i hate being poor! They also are advertising a 38 super but have yet to handle one of those.

Only thing suspect on it was the supplied factory mag as the base on it cracked, but my friend ditched it and is using wilson mags. I think they are a bargin!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Congratulations on a very nice looking 1911. I've never owned one but have read the majority of people who own them are very happy with them. The P97 looks like a beauty too. :D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
This reminds me of the Norinco I purchased back in the 80's. I still have it. I even shot it (box stock) in an IPCC compition in '94 (took 3rd in class). Might have to start looking for one.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Where is your range report sir?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts