Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here an expert on using Pandora to listen to music? I genuinely like it, and have created a number of stations to listen to. The biggest frustration I have with it is that I can't seem to keep some of my stations "trained" to play the music that the station is supposed to play. I guess I'm wondering, what is the point of being able to create your own stations that play certain genre if Pandora keeps straying from the theme and putting in stuff that does not belong?

If anyone has any tips for keeping a station on track, please share them here.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Not a expert on the subject but been using Pandora for a number of years.
Lets say you want 4 Season station. Your not only going to get the 4 Seasons but also their type of music. I like Jazz and have a Miles Davis station, but also get different artist playing jazz. Haven't gotten a station that plays a single artist.
I'm not a subscriber plays free on my PC and Smart TV.
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I only listen to country and not a station. So mine are George, Patsy. Hank ect. No problems, if I don't like a song I delete it. Went with the no ads this year.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Not an expert but this is what I know. Pandora learns. You have to skip stuff you like but aren't in the mood for or "thumbs down" songs you don't care to hear again. I do not particularly like the Beetles, I don't hate them but I'm not a fan, so I TD all their songs. Now I hardly ever hear anything by the B's. Leaves more room for the Rolling Stones. :D

You can also get Pandora to un-learn settings. If by some chance I decide I like the Beetles, all I have to do is search and play their music and the group will automatically be put back in the rotation.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. If you create a custom playlist, it helps to "thumbs Up" songs that suit you for that list.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,545 Posts
Thumb down better than skipping a song.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Heck,,, I'm still listening to Johny Cash & Merle Haggard on CD's. LOL.

You a little beyond my technological skills. ;)

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I deleted the misbehaving station and started it over. We'll see how long the new one acts right. :)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sometimes Pandora goes overboard. For example, if you put Sergio Mendez and Brasil 66 on as a "Like", all of a sudden you get Spanish-language music you don't have a clue about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts