Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what happened. Replied to a PM & then my PM counter/meter went red & indicated 0 allowed. My PM tab under my log in name in the upper right corner disappeared. I searched the screen anme of the person who had written me & it indicated that it was banned?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Not sure what happened. Replied to a PM & then my PM counter/meter went red & indicated 0 allowed. My PM tab under my log in name in the upper right corner disappeared. I searched the screen anme of the person who had written me & it indicated that it was banned?? :confused:

It's to prevent spamming. People sign up just to sell something or bug people on pm's to buy something etc. Once it's established, at 10 posts, that you're a contributing member, you'll be able to pm again. 10 posts takes like 10 minutes for some of us. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds reasonable

I was not aware that feature was in place. I had PM available at first. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Can I receive a PM? I have been communicating with another member and now I'm wondering if they will be able to reply back.

Thanks.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I just put the system in place yesterday, as we had an incident like Bounty has spoke of.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got a PM on Friday from a "Jeanette" that had 0 posts and was banned. Was a spammer message that included a web URL, probably from a pron site or similar.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I was not aware that feature was in place. I had PM available at first. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Can I receive a PM? I have been communicating with another member and now I'm wondering if they will be able to reply back.

Thanks.
Make 6 more posts. Then you'll be all set. ;)

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I got a PM on Friday from a "Jeanette" that had 0 posts and was banned. Was a spammer message that included a web URL, probably from a pron site or similar.
That's exactly why I put the new rule into place. This happened before from some bozo named "John Komo", who was doing something similar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jeanette gets around. It's a buddhist-promotional website and last week I got a PM from "her" on a car forum. Today I got one here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts