Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Nice gun - 9mm or .40 S&W?
(Oops - had to edit. Remember you saying it was a 944 in another post.)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never did give a range report on the grips.

Here it goes...
They help. I was still new to shooting when I added the grips, even so I did notice a slight improvement on my groups.

I am finally hitting consistently in the black from the 25yard line with the P944 but it wasnt only the Hogue grips.
To date I have also painted the sites with BrightSights. I have also learned new grip styles, trigger pulls and stances which have help tremendously. But I wasn't getting consistent groups in the black at 25yards until I installed a new barrel. I purchased a new old stock Olympic Arms replacement barrel and it was only after that I was able to hit the black consistently with the P944.
I was hitting the black reliably with my P95 from 25yards and eventually started to question the integrity of the barrel in my used P944. I'm far from a barrel expert but read enough to know that the rifling in the barrel could be worn or the crown could be damaged and either of these could affect accuracy, and since my gun was used I could not know how many rounds had been through that barrel or how it was stored and treated.
So I took my chances with the replacement barrel from Olympic Arms. I have been happy with it, I was worried about fitment, quality and feeding issues but to date all is well.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Cool - if you don't mind giving out the info, how much did the barrel cost? I think that is the company that used to make .357 Sig conversions barrels for P944s with the link type barrels.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was $89 on ebay. Olympic Arms did make .357 sig barrels as well, someone on here has posted about there conversion barrel and if I remember correct they are happy with it too.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cmp944

It was $89 on ebay. Olympic Arms did make .357 sig barrels as well, someone on here has posted about there conversion barrel and if I remember correct they are happy with it too.
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts