·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics of my home range...

The Steel is getting a wee beat up:)

Some times I can't help but shoot the little one with the High Power:D

Splatter is getting to be a problem.

People ask me is my neighbors complain about the shooting, well this is a picture of their gun range fromm my back yard.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Purtty country there. Yes sir, nothing like the sound of steel ringing in the distance.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Man I'd love to be able to walk out into the yard for gun practice...
You're a lucky guy...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Gorgeoue-those look like used Christmas trees from former years? What made the biggest holes in the target? Looks like you have great neighbors!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now the biggest hole puncher I have is 8mm mauser. The 196 grain ammo from Brazil is HOT stuff. Makes the lawyer loads coming out of the U.S. look like .30-30 rounds. In fact I have to fix the 100 yd target because it broke the 2x4 off the post. Once in a while I get out the 7mm rem mag BAR, but thats not much fun, It goes through em so fast that they hardly swing. :D

I work at a company that makes valves for fire protection and those are damaged clappers for 2",4",6",8" check style valves, thickness is between 1/8" and 3/8" cold roll steel. I also have a few chucnks of hardened tool and die steel that will stand up to anything I can throw at them. I have a few varmit style spinner targets also set up at 75 and 100 yards for the .17.

Mostly I use the swingers at 50 and 100 yards. If shoot at my neighbors targets (they don't mind) I can get out to 165 yards from my back deck.

I'll say one thing about swingers target though. Last year I was shooting my Mark I from about 25 yards away. A piece of shrapnell came stright back and cut through my jeans and just a little into my leg. Felt like a hornet got me. Ever since then, If I'm shooting pistols at the swingers, I always make sure to shoot them at a slight angle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts