Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hello folks, pictured are the following:

10/22 Carbine
Mark IV Target
Wrangler Talos

As you can see, I like Ruger .22's.

I am looking for advice on better sights for the 10/22 or Mark IV. The black stock iron sights are serviceable but hard to see on distant targets especially if dark. Also interested in aftermarket stocks for my 10/22, such as the Archangel 5.56 stock and so on, or takedown type/folding stock ones.

ProMag Archangel 556 Conversion Stock for Ruger 10/22 - Black with Extended Monolithic Rail Forend (AA556R-EX) | Natchez (natchezss.com)

Archangel® Nomad Conversion Stock for the Ruger® 10/22® - Black Polymer includes AA922-A1 (25) Rd Magazine - ProMag Industries

Promag Ruger 10/22 Tactical Folding Stock - Black Polymer | Natchez (natchezss.com)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think you'd get a kick out of the GSG 1911 22's.. They're same as the sig ones. It's my fave plinker. As far as the 10/22 I upgraded and traded mine to a Begari carbon fiber model. It's super light and stuff but ain't no where near reliable as the ruger. It was all CNC made and has too tight of tolerances vs the ruger. The ruger will eat more ammo types. So I need to go and get another reg ruger too now. I know magpul makes the coolest breakdown backpack stocks for 10/22 takedown models. If I was gonna soup one up I'd maybe do it with a takedown

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you'd get a kick out of the GSG 1911 22's.. They're same as the sig ones. It's my fave plinker. As far as the 10/22 I upgraded and traded mine to a Begari carbon fiber model. It's super light and stuff but ain't no where near reliable as the ruger. It was all CNC made and has too tight of tolerances vs the ruger. The ruger will eat more ammo types. So I need to go and get another reg ruger too now. I know magpul makes the coolest breakdown backpack stocks for 10/22 takedown models. If I was gonna soup one up I'd maybe do it with a takedown

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
NIce, I was looking at the GSG 1911's I think at my LGS. They are affordable.

Magpul does seem to have some good stocks. Am I right though that my model cannot be converted to those takedown stocks?

·
Registered
950 Posts
View attachment 155765

Hello folks, pictured are the following:

10/22 Carbine
Mark IV Target
Wrangler Talos

As you can see, I like Ruger .22's.

I am looking for advice on better sights for the 10/22 or Mark IV. The black stock iron sights are serviceable but hard to see on distant targets especially if dark. Also interested in aftermarket stocks for my 10/22, such as the Archangel 5.56 stock and so on, or takedown type/folding stock ones.
Here is a solution for you. Take the Bushnell off of the 10-22 and put it on the MK IV will improve your sights 100%. Find a good scope for your 10-22 to get you long range precision shooting and you will be happy with the 10-22. I changed the stock on my 10-22 put a cheap Magnum Research stock on mine but it is lightweight and when I shoulder the stock my eye is lined up with the scope perfectly. For the Wrangler maybe a set of fiber optics.

10-22.jpg MK IV 1.JPG

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a solution for you. Take the Bushnell off of the 10-22 and put it on the MK IV will improve your sights 100%. Find a good scope for your 10-22 to get you long range precision shooting and you will be happy with the 10-22. I changed the stock on my 10-22 put a cheap Magnum Research stock on mine but it is lightweight and when I shoulder the stock my eye is lined up with the scope perfectly. For the Wrangler maybe a set of fiber optics.

View attachment 155782 View attachment 155783
Oh, I like that as a solution. I plan to get a scope anyways for the 10/22. How do I attach a rail to the Mark IV? Or what rail?

However, in both cases, I also want better iron sights. I know there are fiber optic ones, and simply better iron's for the 10/22. I just don't know which ones are good.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Oh, I like that as a solution. I plan to get a scope anyways for the 10/22. How do I attach a rail to the Mark IV? Or what rail?

However, in both cases, I also want better iron sights. I know there are fiber optic ones, and simply better iron's for the 10/22. I just don't know which ones are good.
Your MK IV should have come with a rail. The receiver is drilled and tapped. All you have to do is take the 4 screws out of the receiver and put the rail on and secure it with the screws that came with the rail. Make sure not to over torque the screws you don't want to strip the threads. I like to use a tiny drop of blue locktite on the screws to make sure they do not come loose.

If you don't have a rail you can buy one from Ruger. Can't help you on iron sights. The replacement sights I have used are a combination of fiber optic and tritium. The fiber optics light up in brighter light and the tritium lights up in very low or no light conditions kinda the best of both worlds. TFO has a good selection of sights their are many others out their too.

TFO® (truglo.com)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your MK IV should have come with a rail. The receiver is drilled and tapped. All you have to do is take the 4 screws out of the receiver and put the rail on and secure it with the screws that came with the rail. Make sure not to over torque the screws you don't want to strip the threads. I like to use a tiny drop of blue locktite on the screws to make sure they do not come loose.

If you don't have a rail you can buy one from Ruger. Can't help you on iron sights. The replacement sights I have used are a combination of fiber optic and tritium. The fiber optics light up in brighter light and the tritium lights up in very low or no light conditions kinda the best of both worlds. TFO has a good selection of sights their are many others out their too.

TFO® (truglo.com)
So basically, do the same thing I did with my 10/22? Take the 4 screws out and throw the weaver rail on? I have to check my Mark IV box, but I don't think it came with a rail.

As far as fiber optics, yes I've looked into that. As to night sights, that would be good for dark but I'd probably get those on my SD gun. My .22's are mostly range time fun, although if the apocalypse comes maybe they will be pressed into more serious duty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts