Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my Ruger M77, Mark II in 30-06 to Africa. The Warthog was at a water hole at about 85 yds standing broadside, and one shot from my Ruger brought him down. I was using Nosler Accubond 180 grs reloads.

View attachment 4765

·
Registered
160 Posts
I took my Ruger M77, Mark II in 30-06 to Africa. The Warthog was at a water hole at about 85 yds standing broadside, and one shot from my Ruger brought him down. I was using Nosler Accubond 180 grs reloads.

View attachment 4765
Nice!!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for sharing, we love pictures!

·
Bat Man
1,666 Posts

View attachment 4765
I think the decent thing to have done was invited all of us to come with you... all expenses paid of course :D

Very nice and by the expression on your face it would seem your cure for depression works very well.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nice pic mate, don't be shy about posting up some more..... :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The ruger was my back up rifle, and I couldn't leave Africa without shooting something with it. The Warthog was the last animal I took. OK guys (by popular demand) here are a couple of more, these were taken with my 300 Weatherby.

View attachment 4773

View attachment 4774

View attachment 4775

This trip was my 50th birthday gift, and it took over 2 1/2 years of saving and commitment on the trip. My wife went with me, and she was getting tired of me saying "after Africa" for anything she wanted to do. LOL!!!! It was a trip of a life time, and I'm glad I did and that my wife was part of it.

Thanks for all your comments, and I'm glad you are enjoying the pictures.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thanks for sharing the photos. I have the 77mkII All Weather in both .30-06 and .308. My favorite hunting rifles. All my hunting thus far has been in the US though. Would love to do Africa some day. Will likely have to win the lottery first though :).

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
picture links aren't working for me

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry, I did something because I was trying to load more pictures. I think I reached my max. Try again, they are there now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts