1972 Ruger Standard

1983 Ruger Mark I (Thanks RugerGuy!)

1991 Ruger Mark II, 50th Annv

Ruger Mark III Hunter

Ruger Mark Party

·
Registered
557 Posts
Nice collection, which one is your favorite shooter?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Keith , yes, that is a fine looking group, Yes, glad we could help you, sorry you missed out some time back when my wife Laura was 'thinning the herd' and sold off many of her old models, "D" guns, 5 1/4" guns, muzzle breaks and such of the .22 autos........ she only kept the real early "red eagles" 1949 to 1951. I have a couple of the newer 'Anniversary model 49-99' and the 'NRA Endowment' gun. I feel they are "keepers"......
thankls for sharing and let us know just what else you may be "looking for" and we'll keep an eye out for them for you.....

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
268 Posts
very nice pistols.the very first pistol I shot was one of these ruger 22's.my dad bought one when I was a kid and we used to shoot on the weekends.when I got a little older then it was his colt.I have been hooked ever since.
pete

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Keith Smith
The Ruger 22 auto is probably the crowning achievement of Bill Ruger, wouldn't you say? I can't
remember how much they sold for when Ruger introduced them, but it wasn't very much. Probably
about $30.00 or so.Wasn't it the first firearm that he made?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Really nice group Keith! Ruger makes a lot of nice guns - none better than the .22 auto series.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by 2400

Nice collection, which one is your favorite shooter?
The Hunter is my target pistol, I use it at the range. I carry the '72 in a holster when I am hiking through the woods.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by Jody Johnson

Nice group! What do ya' think about the 'Hi Viz' sight on the Hunter?
the Hi-Vis sights are nice. It's a good break up on the background, and provides a quick sight aperture. Between the hi-vis sights and the fluted barrel, the hunter is cream of the crop in this category of .22 plinker's.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quote:Originally posted by rugerguy

let us know just what else you may be "looking for" and we'll keep an eye out for them for you.....
NRA Edition,
Government Target,
Target,
Target Slab-Side,
Target Bull Barrel,
Red Eagle,
1 in 5000,
'76 made in the 200th year...

Shall I keep going? :D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Very nice. I've wanted a Ruger MK for 20 years...Last Saturday, I finally bought one (22/45 with 4.5" bbl). It should be a nice addition to my 10/22 and my SP-101.

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

NRA Edition,
Target Slab-Side,
Target Bull Barrel,
Red Eagle,
1 in 5000,

Shall I keep going? :D
I've seen at least one of these and a few others in the last month. Let me know a price range for each one and I'll pay more attention next time I see one.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know I can get them if I am willing to pay top dollar, so I just monitor gunbroker waiting for a good deal to arise. I also have connections to a pawn shop, and they call me anytime a non-mark III comes in. Just time and being patient.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts