Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ultimate plinker pistol build is done. Build list below. And before I get crap, the light is just for looks, I plan to take it and the pic rail off.
ruger :
- MKIV 2245 tactical
tandemkross :
  • halo charging ring
  • hive grips
volquartsen firearms :
  • firing pin
  • extractor
  • recoil rod/spring
  • mag release
Holosunoptics :
- 407c
d_lobos :
- optic mount
apextactical :
  • trigger
  • hammer
  • mag safety delete

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like it.

I wish my mk3 22/45 LITE had a way to mount a light.
Shooting nuisance animals at night is always easier with a two handed grip.

I have similar additions from tandem kross and volquartzen on mine also, I have a Burris FF3 on it that I hate so now that halosun has smaller optics, I might swap it out.
Congrats on the new build.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,571 Posts
Solid project. The light would come in handy at night clearing out any nuisance. Hope you get a chance to get out and shoot it. Love plinker projects for rimfire shooting. Enjoy it. Be safe.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I was able to put 150 rounds of CCI mini mags through it the other day and it ran perfect, zero malfunctions.

As for the light, I actually put on a olight PL mini 2 I had laying around. It's smaller and lighter. Thinking I'll keep that one on.

The regards to the Apex trigger, I'm liking it a lot. Definitely a little lighter weight then the factory trigger but the biggest improvement is just in the the feel. It's much crisper and cleaner feeling. Down the road I might get a volquartsen or majestic arms kit to replace the sear to lower the pull weight down more but for just plinking, I think the Apex kit is awesome.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered some more parts that are on their way. Got the tandemkross game changer pro comp and blast shield coming as well as the volquartsen recoil rod/spring, mag springs, mag follower button and mag base plates. I'll get some more photos up once I get everything installed. Should all be here this weekend.

Here's a photo of the gun in it's current form.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Decided to give a flat trigger a try on my MK IV after seeing a couple on here. I have flat triggers on my Canik and Glock 19 and like them better than the curved triggers. Went with the Tandemkross trigger. Haven't live fired it yet but dry firing it I have been able to adjust almost all of the pretravel and overtravel out. Might have to retweak it slightly after live firing it. The trigger pull weight is averaging 15 oz the reset is almost immediate after firing. Very nice pull. Might retweak the weight upward a little more after live firing it. At 15 oz it might be a little to light even for a range toy. _MG_8335.JPG

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Decided to give a flat trigger a try on my MK IV after seeing a couple on here. I have flat triggers on my Canik and Glock 19 and like them better than the curved triggers. Went with the Tandemkross trigger. Haven't live fired it yet but dry firing it I have been able to adjust almost all of the pretravel and overtravel out. Might have to retweak it slightly after live firing it. The trigger pull weight is averaging 15 oz the reset is almost immediate after firing. Very nice pull. Might retweak the weight upward a little more after live firing it. At 15 oz it might be a little to light even for a range toy. View attachment 144315
I was strongly considering the tandemkross trigger before I settled on the Apex. I do wish the Apex was adjustable but overall I really like the feel of it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updates complete. Added the volquartsen magazine springs, magazine follower button, magazine base plates and recoil rod with gold spring. Also added the tandemkross game changer pro comp and blast shield.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I was strongly considering the tandemkross trigger before I settled on the Apex. I do wish the Apex was adjustable but overall I really like the feel of it.

I like the Apex on my Canik the most between it and the Glock. The Apex trigger came with a new trigger bar and it removed probably 95% of the pretravel and slightly improved the reset. The Glock marginally better but not outstanding. I am planning to go to the range next week and try the Ruger it feels good just dry firing it but the real test will be live fire.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Updates complete. Added the volquartsen magazine springs, magazine follower button, magazine base plates and recoil rod with gold spring. Also added the tandemkross game changer pro comp and blast shield.
JB,

There is another TK upgrade that I like very much...the Cornerstone Safety Thumb Ledge! As light as the 22/45 is, the shelf/ledge of the safety allows my right shooting thumb to rest and stabilize my POA. Not cheap, but for me it makes a big improvement in keeping a steady and repeatable POI!! ;)

Ted
Ruger MkIV 22-45 Lite - TK Trigger and Safety.JPG

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JB,

There is another TK upgrade that I like very much...the Cornerstone Safety Thumb Ledge! As light as the 22/45 is, the shelf/ledge of the safety allows my right shooting thumb to rest and stabilize my POA. Not cheap, but for me it makes a big improvement in keeping a steady and repeatable POI!! ;)

Ted
View attachment 144400
Good to hear! I was just looking at that on their website the other day. It does look pretty cool, although I wish it was a little cheaper. I'll probably wind up getting one down the road though for sure. I was actually thinking about getting the other one too, the forward thumb ledge that goes above the trigger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts