1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Red Pad No.1 in 45-70, with Lyman All-American Post and Crosshair:

No1 in 6.5x55, with Lyman All-American Post and Crosshair:

No.3 in 30-40, with Lyman All-American Post and Crosshair:

Yeah, I like Ruger Single Shots, Lyman scopes, and post/crosshair reticles. And Butler Creek/Uncle Mikes "Mountain" slings.

Noah

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Nice gear mate.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Where did you get the 6.5x55 Ruger No. 1A?
A dealer set up at the Bloomsburg, PA gun show about a year ago. He mentioned it being a distributor special (Lipseys? Davidsons?), and I got it for $875 OTD, incl. 6% tax and instant check. I had "found" some desirable firearms at good price points for him and his clientele over the past six or so years, and he let me have the No.1 at an unrequested discount -- The tag said $989, probably the going rate for the area north of Philadelphia where he's from. Either that or sales were slow at that show and he needed to turn some cash.

The 6.5x55 is one of my favorite cartridges, ever since I bought my first Swede Mauser for $49.95 in ~1985. 156 to 160 gr JSP bullets are like "Flying Pencils" -- those bullets have about the highest sectional density of any small arm projectile.

These No.1 rifles in 6.5x55 turn up on GB all the time still.

Noah

·
Registered
134 Posts
Very nice collection!!!!! My first No. 1 (25-06) will be at my FFL this thursday, an early Christmas for me. :) My next one (yes, I'm already planning on it) will be in 45-70.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Very nice collection. I hope to have a No.1 someday!

·
Registered
63 Posts
In March I bought my second Ruger No.1A. This one in 6.5x55 from Lee Newton in Copperas Cove, Texas. He had two others for sale.
So now I have my 6.5x55 for deer and 7x57 for elk. A happy Ruger No. 1A owner.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Nice collection of No.1's. Thanks for posting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts