Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Awhile back, I had posted some pictures of my 3" short shroud Gp and, I had promised to post the rest of my short shroud collection at a later time. Well, here they are now, all four of them. Hope you enjoy the pictures:):

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Really nice. I especially like the 3" and blued 6" one.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Man, they look great.
Nice timber.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
ptblank you have delivered the goods once again. Very nice! Can't think of many you don't show. And all minty as well. The 3" dropped out of the last few photos...slipped it into your holster?

Thanks for sharing!

Wave

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh god, that blued 6 inch one is awesome.
Thanks for the compliment! I walked into a sporting goods store one day and saw an identical 6" blue short shroud GP to the one pictured above. It was in their glass gun case and I was told that it was NIB. But when I'd inspected it, it had a wear mark at the muzzle and a few other minor handling marks. I was disappointed because the trigger was really good. As I started to exit this store the gun clerk told me that he had one more identical Blue GP that was NIB and was never handled, if I'd wished to inspect it............and I said yes.

The gun was pristine and the trigger on this GP was sensational-in fact, it had the best trigger I'd ever felt on any double action Ruger revolvers! Thus, I had to have it................therefore I made the deal for this blue GP. The gun clerk told me that in 2008 a Ruger Representative had told their shop owner that he had just two of these identical 6" blue short shroud GP's left, and said that they were a limited production model that had been discontinued. So, this store purchased these guns and then put them in their storage room. And they sort of got buried in there. I just happened to come into this store at the right time to have gotten the opportunity to purchase this beautiful blue GP!:)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Nice herd! I've always been a fan of the short shroud. I wish they would bring them back.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice herd! I've always been a fan of the short shroud. I wish they would bring them back.
Thanks! Yes, I like the lighter weight of the short shroud GP's and the fact that the 6" version balances approximately the same as the full shroud 4" GP.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts