Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Son lives in Utah and he is a very dedicated hunter and sportsman. I got these picture from him this week of a very nice 5x5 Bull Elk that he harvested with his bow:D. He had hiked back 4 miles into a steep canyon and was able to make a stalk on this big boy, He was 38 yards away when he took the shot and the Bull traveled less than 100 yards and pilled up,thats when the work started.;) He had one of his hunting buddy's with him and they quartered it and began one of the trips back down the mountain.

I am a very proud Dad:cool:

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Great pictures! Very nice Elk. AZ and NM have great Elk hunting.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Congrats to you son, What great pictures and beautiful country.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for sharing the great pictures.

Looking at the terrain, getting the elk out of the outback must have been a pretty good challenge. I would have been tempted to camp out for a week or two and make a lot of smoked and dried elk jerky. LOL.

Having taken archery in high school, I always stand in awe when I see the results of an accomplished bow hunter like your son. Congratulations to both of you.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Those are great pics! Congrats! That looks like pretty rough terrain compared to north Missouri, but very beautiful.

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for sharing the great pictures.

Looking at the terrain, getting the elk out of the outback must have been a pretty good challenge. I would have been tempted to camp out for a week or two and make a lot of smoked and dried elk jerky. LOL.

Having taken archery in high school, I always stand in awe when I see the results of an accomplished bow hunter like your son. Congratulations to both of you.
Thanks for the comments, I am very proud of my Son . By trade he is a Journeyman Lineman , a 30 year old Father of 2, and an avid Outdoorsman. He is also a very dedicated rifle hunter. He was hunting along my side from 8 years of age. I'm proud to say the hunting tradition is being passed to his kids:D. This first pic is when he was 12

This is a mule Deer he got on the 2010 Archery hunt

This one is last years Rifle Hunt

He is also the owner/President of Teampassinthrough - Bing

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Hey Reb, those photos display fine skills passed from a fine father to a fine son....skills which he is now passing to the next generation ...you should be very proud Brother as i know you are ;):)
KIWI.

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the kind words and one of the reasons I posted these pics is to show not all of todays generation is too lazy to work for a meal. The other is I am a very proud father and grandfather, with another update his 13 year old Daughter killed a spike mule deer with an open sighted Muzzle Loader at 100 yards this last Sunday. He was totally ecstatic as this is her second Deer in 2 years last year she dropped a 3x4 buck with a 243 that I had cut the stock to fit his wife 16 years ago. Needless to say his family has a freezer full of prime meat for a while. He and his wife still have their tags for another deer each.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That was an excellent animal! It's one of my goals to someday go on an elk hunt with a bow. Congratulations to you being a great dad and your son on his Elk.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
I'm taking my hunters ed class this sunday with a buddy of mine and we were talking about bucket list hunts we want to do and this is probably at the top of my list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts