Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LGS called me this morning and said they had received a (just one) SR 1911 and was I still interested. Of course after waiting 7 months, the answer had to be, hell yes!! Took it to the range and put 50 rounds through it and it is an amazing gun. The first time I pulled the trigger I felt a little something trickle down my leg, but I wasn't excited or anything. LOL:D
Now I know how all the rest of you SR1911 owners feel and I like it.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Welcome to the "SR1911 Club", congrats! ;)

There is something about the SR1911, can't say what exactly. But ever since I captured mine last September I've been in "gun love". It is a terrific, sweet shootin' pistol. I've put 1200 rounds down range so far without a hic-cup of any kind.

Good luck with yours, send us a range report and some pic's when ya can.

Happy shootin' :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the "SR1911 Club", congrats! ;)

There is something about the SR1911, can't say what exactly. But ever since I captured mine last September I've been in "gun love". It is a terrific, sweet shootin' pistol. I've put 1200 rounds down range so far without a hic-cup of any kind.

Good luck with yours, send us a range report and some pic's when ya can.

Happy shootin' :)
Sounds better than some of the Kimber's i have researched.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats on the SR1911. Can't wait to get one myself.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have about 150 rounds through mine and it has been a dream! You will certainly enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
As JK55 said, welcome to the club! :D

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Congrats. Still on the wait list. Someday. If you ever get tired of it, I know an address you could ship it to. Darn it. I forgot about the background check. Enjoy. I am sure it will never leave your family.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome & congrats becoming a member of the sr1911 club; it's a great gun... Just took mine out again today & put 100 down range, both & 25/50yds. It shoots real good at 50yds too. Best of luck with it...

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Congrats! Making me really itchy.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congrats, I just picked up a Commander sized SR1911 after waiting 6 months on a waiting list for a full size.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats, I just picked up a Commander sized SR1911 after waiting 6 months on a waiting list for a full size.
I almost changed my mind when I saw the commamder, but decided that I already had waited a long time and was holding an SR1911 in my hand so I went with it. Maybe someday, but right now I still have a big smile on my face because I finally own the SR1911.:) Looks good, shoots good, what more do we need.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Club. I now have 1000 rounds through mine and love it My only regret is I did not grab the first one I had my hands on 15 months ago.
Not going to make the same mistake twice first commander I seen that is available I am taking it home with me!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts