Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trigger pull wasn't bad at all I found it to be about the same both double action and single action. Pretty accurate for a "plinker" and literally loads of cheap fun! Had my SR9 with me as well and both shot great! Had a couple FTFs which was the ammo's doing but whatever. I now have 200 rounds in the SR22 and 450 rounds through my SR9.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Thats good was wondering about single action pull. I like the looks of them and am thinking about getting one myself.

·
Registered
160 Posts
glad you like your new SR22!! I originally got my SR22 for cheap target practice and to keep the skills up as far as shooting is concerned.....it has fulfilled that role and much more...I am super satisfied with it and glad that I chose the SR22 out of the several choices for a 22 out there......the only problem I have had so far, as you also mentioned, is a few FTF, which is highly likely attributed to the ammo too....just shooting the cheap stuff (reason I got the gun)....for me the FTFs are a good thing, though.....I believe that it is good to be able to deal with them in practice, so that if it happens when all is not well, then it will not be something foreign.....so...a few FTFs is a good thing...so long as they dont become too frequent :).....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Won't the ftfs become fewer as it breaks in?
they should....so, then I will have to start using some really crappy reloads or something....I am already using the cheapest ammo I can find and I have only had a few FTFs...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TMB it is true what they say that the double action will cause heavier trigger pull compared to single action. It is tolerable. As for FTFs I am agreeing with others it is ammo related rather than gun related. Federal ammo and CCI Minimags are both clean ammo.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Can't get it away from the wife long enough to enjoy it!
Ridley you'll have to do what I did buy one for yourself. The whole trouble was after my wife got used the SR22 she started to like my MKIII. So I had to buy one for her. The only one I could get was Stainless mine was blued. I liked the stainless so much I had to buy a Stainless Hunter for myself. I'm sick I think :eek::eek:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice pair of guns

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Just ordered my SR22 today..... :D

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I liked my SR22P so much I hadd to pick up a second one. Fantastic little plinkers. Great with a laser, too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts