Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had laid-away my SR22P but couldn't wait to pay all the payments so I paid it off today. From what I've heard on here, I'm going to be burning a lot of ammo through it. It sounds like such a fun gun to shoot. Now I'll just have to find a good source of mags for it at as reasonable a price as possible. Can't wait.
I just might break down and get another one.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats you are going to love it. I can't ever get out enough to shoot mine. Hopefully will get out again in the next few days.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
It will come with a offer from Ruger to register the serial number etc. at this address https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/ownerCard.php?r=y you will get a code for a 20% discount up to $100.00 at shopruger.com It would be a good opportunity to buy magazines. You do have to pay shipping. They charge $34.95 there. I have found them retail for $40 and $45. And they are not easy to find.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the procedure when purchasing a handgun in this county (Broome):
First you buy the gun,
then you take the receipt marked paid in full to the pistol clerk and pay $3.00 to get it put on your pistol permit,
wait for the judge to approve a coupon which is sent to you,
this you then take to the LGS holding your handgun and pick it up.
It's a pain, but that's New York State for you.
I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my coupon much earlier than expected. You know what that means.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
order 3 from Ruger

It will come with a offer from Ruger to register the serial number etc. at this address https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/ownerCard.php?r=y you will get a code for a 20% discount up to $100.00 at shopruger.com It would be a good opportunity to buy magazines. You do have to pay shipping. They charge $34.95 there. I have found them retail for $40 and $45. And they are not easy to find.
I bought 3 from Ruger along with with a couple cleaning mats - and got free shipping. Making the price very competitive with anywhere else I have seen.

The lowest price I have seen on SR22 mags is $23.99 but not in stock for the past month.

Most of the .22lr ammo I have was around 3.6 cents per round including tax after sale and or rebates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts