Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just thought I'd post a couple pics of my Mini14 in .222.
I guess it's a rare thing, though I had no idea of that when I got it.
It was selling at a cheaper price at the time so I got it.
Anyway... here's a few pics:
The box, where Ruger wrote the caliber in red ink...

Really, keeping the .222 and my .223 ammo separate is important.
The rounds look so similar!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good looker Dave - don't stumble over these very often!
Rumor has it the .222s were made primarily for export but there's still a pretty good range of domestic manufacturers cranking out ammo. Happy shootin!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice gun. I love the .222 caliber. I shot my first deer with a Sako .222 in Wisconsin over 60 years ago.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I remember a few years back there was a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle in .222 Remington for sale here locally a few years back. The asking price I thought wow kinda low for the caliber. I did some research & contacted the owner & told him hey your Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle .222 Remington is worth a few hundred more than your price. He also checked on it and agreed he should raise his price. He took his rifle off and then relisted it about 10-12 days later & got what he really wanted for it. To the OP thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember a few years back there was a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle in .222 Remington for sale here locally a few years back. The asking price I thought wow kinda low for the caliber. I did some research & contacted the owner & told him hey your Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle .222 Remington is worth a few hundred more than your price. He also checked on it and agreed he should raise his price. He took his rifle off and then relisted it about 10-12 days later & got what he really wanted for it. To the OP thanks for sharing!!!
It was nice of you to do that!
Really, I don't collect guns that will just sit. If it's so rare, maybe it should go to a collector. I may find someone someday to just trade for a nice stainless mini-30 or something.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
My wife's family is from Hamburg Germany. One of my wife's cousins is a gun guy. He has an fn fal in 300 savage and a mini 14 in 222. They cannot own the military calibers hence the 45 heres pistol. That is the 45 acp but one millimeter shorter than the 45 acp/ He can own 45 gap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my goodness! This is awesome!

How does it shoot?
I've only fired maybe 20 rounds through it, but it's very accurate.
Being so rare, I haven't changed a thing or fired it any more.
Haven't even put a scope on it...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife's family is from Hamburg Germany. One of my wife's cousins is a gun guy. He has an fn fal in 300 savage and a mini 14 in 222. They cannot own the military calibers hence the 45 heres pistol. That is the 45 acp but one millimeter shorter than the 45 acp/ He can own 45 gap.
That's cool.
Let's hope that in the USA, certain calibers of ammo & firearms are never limited.
Everyone needs to remember to:
VOTE!
Vote for the conservative pro-gun candidates!
Really, every single vote really does count, though it does seem fruitless voting here in liberal Washington state.
VOTE!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hang on to it!!!:thumbsup: You have a rare Mini 14!!!
I know.
It's a cool rifle to own, but it sits in the back corner of my gun safe inside a funny sock thing that's supposed to help protect it.
No one else really ever sees it & I'm afraid to shoot it much & reduce it's desirability.
I guess I'm a gun owner, not a gun collector...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As far as I can tell, your Ranch rifle was made in 1991.
Wow! Thank you. I wonder the age of some of my guns sometimes.

I contacted Ruger a long time ago to request the number of these that were made, but they said they don't give out that info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts