Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get my wife to go shooting with me for a while now. I never pushed it though and the other night she said lets go to the shooting range tomorrow. Needless to say I couldn't load magazines fast enough for her. She had a blast and we burned through about 300 - 400 rounds of 22 in my 22/45. She did surprisingly well for never having fired a gun before. Afterwards she said I think I need one of these so I don't have to shoot yours all the time. MY hobby costs just increased but it is well worth it. Today at church she was saying that she was going to go shooting later and was excited about it :D We couldn't go because it was raining but oh well. I need to restock on some 22lr now though

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sweet that's awesome. My wife likes to go shooting with me sometimes too. We both have SR22s. Good luck finding ammo. Where I live there is not any in stock anywhere.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Excellent job!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I made the rounds and couldn't find any. I'll keep my eyes open though. What kinds of guns do your wives like to shoot?

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Congrats! My wife is finally planning to come to the range with me next weekend. My only ground rule was that if this was going to be anything like trying to teach her to golf, then I was out. She said, "don't worry, I know that you know all about guns, and I'll listen". Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Awesome....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine never wanted to have anything to do with my guns. Then one day I was out in the back yard shooting my 9mm and she come out and said she wanted to try it. Well she now has started her own collection. She has a charter arms lavender lady, Benelli Super Sport 12ga., Remington 243, Ruger 270, and a pink olympic arms AR. She just can't get over the fact that she loves shooting as much as she does.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've been trying to get my wife to go shooting with me for a while now. I never pushed it though and the other night she said lets go to the shooting range tomorrow. Needless to say I couldn't load magazines fast enough for her. She had a blast and we burned through about 300 - 400 rounds of 22 in my 22/45. She did surprisingly well for never having fired a gun before. Afterwards she said I think I need one of these so I don't have to shoot yours all the time. MY hobby costs just increased but it is well worth it. Today at church she was saying that she was going to go shooting later and was excited about it :D We couldn't go because it was raining but oh well. I need to restock on some 22lr now though
Where do you shoot at? I am just about 30 miles west of you off of 309?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sometimes women just have to try it before they realize that they like it. My wife doesn't care much for the .45 but she loves shooting the 380.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where do you shoot at? I am just about 30 miles west of you off of 309?
There is a place called Marion Fish and Game and they have an outdoor range. Would you be from around the Kenton area?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man it is fun when they get into shooting! Picture of my lovely wife with one of my 10-22's and TacSol Ti suppressor. Damn-- she's a great shot too!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad to see you guys are enjoying yourselves! Looks like some nice landscape around there too.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
My wife has been a patient onlooker for my interest in firearms for several years. A couple of years ago she started joining in on the shooting from the back porch/deck at targets etc in the orchard and fields around our home (mainly 22's or various caliber handguns). Then this year when I was working on a possible Hog Hunt in Missouri, she talked about going also. It worked out great. We both got 300+ lb hogs, She now claims my Ruger semi-auto 44 mag as "her hunting gun". She took 3 deer with it this Fall as well.
Needless to say I am more than pleased to have her with me as my hunting companion. Here she is with our guide, about to shoot her Feral Hog last September.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think a trip like that would be a lot of fun to take together like you and your wife did Al. I'm happy to hear she got some animals with it. That always helps to keep the interest.

·
Registered
930 Posts
FertPro,

Good for you and your wife. I will tell you now start stocking up on .22LR. My daughter and wife but are starting to shoot and I will tell you yes they can run through the ammo very fast.

My daugher spent a day at the range with a S&W M&P 15-22 and she ran through a box of 325 Federal bulk by herself.

Place the order now for large stock. with back order it will come arrive soon and you and your wife will be ready.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Good for you and your wife, Fertpro. My wife is into shooting as well, she shoots a GP100 .357 Magnum. She now wants a 10/22 of her own to customize since she fired mine. It was her first experience firing a rifle and she loved it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts