Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There is a SR22P in the top pocket also.

Would LOVE to have one of these bags without the logo. Now we w ould talking discreet.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I'm really tempted to get one of these little guys. Actually, my brother in law, who is 13, is really into prepping and has been building up his own survival pack with matches, a hatchet, knives, food, seeds, water filtration, paracord, etc. He's really been enjoying shooting with me and my 10/22. I'm thinking I might have to put one of these guys on layaway for him. It would be perfect for his pack.

What optic is that on there? Love the additional rails on the sides for a flashlight or laser or something.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice way to make it look discreet. Love my TD as well. I think I will be following your lead with the patch. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Very nice set up. I got a folding stock for my regular 10/22 for almost the same compact length when folded.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Nice! Do you have to take the scope off to put it in the bag? I'm also considering getting one of these just to keep in the car and go plinking with it.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
I see that Galati International bag. :)

I've had some of their range bags for years and they still show no wear.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Gallati in the back has my Bushmaster 308 ORC in it with a Leupold VX-R scope on it. You carry a long gun case it says "GUN". I break my 308 down carry it in the truck of car when I travel. My company has a no firearm policy. So long case says your busted. I travel around South Arkansas South Oklahoma and North Texas. And I love busting caps in a big ole boars @$$. So that is how I discretly slip around. That is what I also liked about the TD.

As fas as the optics go on the TD it is a Sun Optics 2-6x28 scope. I did alter this scope. I tig welded one side of the base mounts to make it stable and firm. That allowed me to zero in the scope and remove it for storage. Then re-install it with it coming to zero. It was a realitve cheap scope so I was a little concerned about the welding, but was able to do what I wanted. I took the 10 round mag and removed and remounted the scope on each shot and was able to hold my sight in where they were set. Mission acomplished and much cheaper that buying high end for at least what I wanted it to do.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Regarding the patch...While the Ruger one may not be discreet, I certainly wouldn't make it any more noticeable with a HD one. I'd think I'd rather have one that was visually bland and not of any particular brand. people may see that branding and simply think it's something special because of it and act.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts