Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

At the moment, my one and only blackhawk(vaquero). Got lucky a couple of years back and won it at a Friends of the NRA Supper.

She's a 45 and a sweet shooter though a bit too shinny for my tastes(hard to take pics of something so shinny). Do like them grips though. Don't ever want to part with it but my daughter has different ideas---thats my tom-boy!! She is absolutely deadly with it.

Over the years i have owned several blackhawks, SBH, and single sixes.

Been a long hard road and times had gotten hard and had to part ways with many to cover family medical expenses..........

Now that everybody is healthy, looking forward to getting a few of them back----eventually.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Nothing like them Cowboy guns. If Oklahoma had open carry, I might get one with a fancy belt and tied down holster and stetson. I could still carry one on the Ranch though. Speaking of holsters, I saw one at the Pawn Shop where I buy most of my guns the last time I was there, and it was a black tooled belt-holster that a pearl handled 45 would have looked great in. Your gun sure looks good. Better watch or your Daughter will Confiscate it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
The 45 Long Colts has beena favorite of mine since I can remember. The 44 mag. it powerful alright but I still have a love for the 45 and 44 sp.
Yep that is one nice gun, deputy I know how it is to have to part with your guns. Have had to do that many a time in the past. But as you are living a little better so am I.

·
Banned
700 Posts
Deputy, I can only repeat that which has already been said about that beauty.
May you and yours STAY HEALTHY and enjoy your shooters for years to come!:)

SD

·
Registered
335 Posts
Deputy,... Brings back memory's of the Lone Ranger...
Deputy,... You wouldn't happen to be waring a Mask right now...!!!
<center>
</center>
"A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty "Hi Yo Silver!" The Lone Ranger. "Hi Yo Silver, away!" With his faithful Indian companion Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains, led the fight for law and order in the early west. Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear. The Lone Ranger rides again!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts