Ruger Forum banner

My Two New 45ACP/45 Colt Revolvers

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  gunfighter48 
#1 ·
In Sept I bought a New Blackhawk 45ACP/45 Colt convertible. I love it, shoots great. Swap out the 45ACP cylinder for the 45 Colt cylinder and it shoots 45 Colt very accurately.

Three weeks ago I bought the new Ruger Redhawk 45 Colt/45ACP 4.2" barreled revolver. Uses full moonclips for 45ACP and they only fit the Redhawk. Great looking pistol that shoots excellent also. This is my first double action revolver and it will take some practice for me to get good with it. I shot some HSM Bear Loads in it. They're 325gr 1155fps rounds. Now those will wake you up in a hurry. Very stout loads!!!!!!

See less See more
#8 ·
The only reason I can afford them is I'm still working a full time job and when I turned 66 I started drawing my full SSI. So the social security check pays for my toys. Getting what I want now while I have the money. Once the full time job goes away I'll be living like everyone else on SSI, on the poor side of the street! These two were my last gun purchases. Now it's back to paying off two credit cards and building up my savings account again. But I have no complaints, I've gotten all the toys I wanted and had a great time doing it!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I'm also an amateur astronomer. If you think guns are expensive you wouldn't believe the prices for astronomy equipment!!!!!!!!:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.