Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my very first Ruger Blackhawk. I got it thru another trade with my pastor.
I got a Stainless 10/22 from him a couple years ago and he's always talked about possibly getting it back. He managed to get this revolver in another trade deal, so it was an extra shooter in his collection that he really didn't want. I taunted him for nearly 4 months trying to get him to trade it to me for the 10/22 I had. I guess he's had it long enough, and still wanted the rifle bad enough, so he offered me the trade. It has a set of Herrett's stocks on it, so now I'm looking for a set of original replacements too.
It was converted with the new hammer block, and then converted back to the original configuration. So I have all of the conversion parts if I ever decide to change it over.

So this is it.
Ruger Blackhawk 3 Screw convertible, .357/9MM

Regards,
Gregory

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Sweeeet! Nice trade - I think you came out on the better end of the stick this time. Looks great and will look even better with the original style grip panels. Congratulations!

Wave

·
Registered
760 Posts
Nice trade, I also agree it would look better with the original grips. I have 2 convertibles myself in 357/9mm and I call them my twins for Single Action Shooting, now I want another set in 45LC/ACP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to the Spokane gun show today and met a friend there that gave me a set of grips for it. A perfect fit and with the correct silver eagles. This has been my year for great friendships without a doubt.

Gearchecker

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
You might want to toss a little something extra in the collection plate Sunday. Sounds like you got a helluva trade. :D

I'm a sucker for revolvers that shoot auto cartridges, and that's a nice looking SA.

Enjoy!

·
Banned
619 Posts
Great deal! I actually like those Herrett's, didn't realize that they were oversize. They should help with recoil as compared to the factory grips that have always been too short for me. I also like the rubber Hogue grips for that reason. ;)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Very nice looking Old Model ;)

I think the grips look good but then again how do they shoot?

Good luck with it & happy shootin;

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great Trade!!! I agree a little something extra tomorrow in the collection plate. I've had 3 Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks but not the conversion yet. Haven't found one yet at a decent price. But I have a 357 Blackhawk and 44 Mag super blackhawk with a red dot scope on it.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great trade, great handgun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts