Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have it to this day, the cost to me was very high $37.37. I picked up bottles and washed them and got the refund from them all of 2 cents a bottle sure took me along time. but I got it, thought it was a big game rifle to me. I was just a kid andI was proud of it still am to this day. -Its a Sear 22 bolt action 7 shot repeater. It was made by Marlin for Sears.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Still take her out every once in a while?
Those 1st ones are some of the most valuable ones there are.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
still got mine , it came about from hay baling and farm work, a ithaca m49 , bought for the 40 dollar mark, i t hardly had a finish on it and it was new , so i was workin for a fur buyer atthe time and he used racoon fat melted down to finish the wood , it hardened up and looks like a semi gloss tru oil finish , oh those were the days ?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea they were will always remember the first rifle.

·
too great for words
661 Posts
when I was 18 I traded a broke down '85 chevy caprice wagon for a mosin-nagant m44. that was only about 5 years ago. still got it. great shooter. my dad still has the ruger 10/22 he bought to teach me how to shoot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine is a 1917 (approx) Stevens Crackshot .22 single shot. A lever action, round barrel, take apart. My Grandma bought it new for $7 to shoot snakes from the front porch of their summer cabin (Minnesota). She shot the heads off them. She gave me the gun when I was 10 yrs old. I will always have it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I've still got mine also. It was a gift, from My Grandfather on my 12'th. birthday. It is an old Stevens .410/.22 Over & Under. The one with the brown marbled synthetic stock. At 50 Yds. it is still the most accurate "open sighted" rifle I've ever shot. I hope some day soon, to pass it on to My Grandson. ( He's 4 now. )

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Dad gave me a Stevens single shot .22 Rolling Block when I was 9. I used to mow grass and pick up pop bottles for ammo money.
My collie dog and I put a many a squirrel on the table with that little rifle. I still have it, and pop a squirrel with it occasionally.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was probably 10 (many, many years ago) my dad gave me a Winchester bolt action single shot 22. He let my brother and I go hunting by ourselves. He let us each take two 22 shorts. He always told us either we bring back the rounds or a rabbit. Most of the time we came home with the rounds.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Mine was a Stevens 20 gauge youth model. Hard on the sholder, but harder on the rabbits.

It sounds like Stevens has done a lot over the years to get all of us into the shooting sports.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea I think we can all remember our first gun . It was a whoile new wonderful interesting world for me. I can remember listening to the older men telling their hunting stories. As a boy I could dream the hunt as they talked, that's when the hard ware store was a hard ware store.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts