Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...my KP95. She has been wanting a 9mm of her own but none that we have rented felt good to her. She has shot mine before but stupid me, I asked if she wanted to try it since I put the new Hogue sleeve on. Now she loves the feel of the gun and I think the Hogue obsorbs some of the recoil or snap she was feeling in her hands. She usually just took one shot with my gun and would put it down and say it felt like it was too much for her to handle. Yesterday at the range she shoot mag after mag and was as happy as a little school girl because she finally found a 9mm she loves.
The KP95 is my first and only gun that I just bought in July. I have ordered a holster for it and planned on using it as a CCW. I am just waiting for both the holster and the CCL to come in a few more weeks.
Since she now wants my gun all my plans have changed. She said when I get my CCL I can get any gun I want that won't break the bank (she said this because of the guilt for taking my gun).
So my first thought is GREAT. I have a few weeks to figure out what I want.
Now here is my problem. I am left handed and she is right handed. So she can't use the holster I have on order.
While at the range I looked at the 1911s I have been wanting but when I put them in my hand I realized these are all made for righties and there is no way I can get one for me at a good price.
So I checked out an XD45 that I've been looking at also. The problem I had with that is slide lock is so small I can't use my left index finger to release the slide.
I then looked at the Rugers. A P94 and a P90. The one thing I love about Rugers is ALL the controls are so easy to use for a lefty. I'm just not sure this would be good CCWs since they are so much more bulky then the KP95. Plus the price of bullets will prevent me from wanting to go shoot as much as I would like.
So now it looks like I should just get another KP95 for myself. If I were to get something else and I'm not as happy with it as I am the KP95 I would be a little jealous of the wife for taking my gun. Which I have been nothing but praising over it since I got it, since it is such a great gun.
So it looks like we will be a two gun KP95 family. Hers and his. Hers will have the manual safety and mine will be one that I get with the decock only. I'll be able to use the holster I ordered and we should both be happy since we both love KP95 now.
The good part that will come out of this is she is willing to give me her Bersa .380 as my truck gun when I get my CCL and I'll get a new gun.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Well... I think your wife did you a favor. Now you have her Bersa, a new P-95 for yourself, and surely she'll let you borrow hers once in a while just to make sure it's working OK! Nothing wrong with a 2 P-95 family. I wish I could get my wife to shoot.
Tom

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Wish I could get my gal to shoot also. Won't go to gun show, won't even touch one, I tried to tell her it could be her best friend some day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I'm debating with myself whether to get the blue version (P95) just so they are different. I am going to use this gun as my CCW and I was thinking that blue might conceal better then the stainless (since I wear a black belt and hoslter). I am just worried that I might wear out the blue finish faster since it's going to be in and out of a holster a lot. Does anyone have a problem with thte finish wearing on them from a holster?

·
Registered
336 Posts
quote:Originally posted by maverick7340

Now I'm debating with myself whether to get the blue version (P95) just so they are different. I am going to use this gun as my CCW and I was thinking that blue might conceal better then the stainless (since I wear a black belt and hoslter). I am just worried that I might wear out the blue finish faster since it's going to be in and out of a holster a lot. Does anyone have a problem with thte finish wearing on them from a holster?
The stainless KP95 will definitely wear better and look new no matter how many times you holster it. That being said, there is something special about a blued steel pistol with a nice 'patina' from providing good service. For my carry pistols I prefer stainless decockers. Have you looked at the P97DC in .45ACP. If you like the P95 you should love the P97:D Quite a few of us here have a thing for those P97's

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:
I told my wife I was thinking of getting the blue finish P95. She said she really liked the blue finish. I said I prefer my SS finish. So now she is getting the new gun and I get to keep my gun, WOOHOO.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I love it when a plan comes together!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I took my wife to the range about 15 yrs ago. She was a bit hesitant at first and leery of autos but liked the old K22 I have. Then I made a mistake. Let her shoot my S&W 66 .357. She loved it and still does. She even lets me shoot it sometimes. They may be new to shooting but women are sneaky when it come to guns like everything else. Just won't settle for second best. In fact I've noticed her eyeballing my P97 lately although she still claims the revolver is her favorite.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, she got her P95 last night. She already cleaned it, did some dry firing and even named her gun. I gave her the link to this forum so she may be visiting soon. She really loves her new gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts