Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister-in-law wants to get a revolver, so my wife is taking her to Bud's to buy her one for her birthday. She has her eye on the LCR in .357. She has also talked about getting laser sights, but they might cost too much.

I will post pictures when she comes out to the farm to shoot her new gun.

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
That's great.
A .357 mag is a "hoot to shoot".
Although I hope it's not her first gun though. :D

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear what y'all are saying, but sometimes it's best to stay out of the way. She has been talking to the folks at Bud's ( she lives in Lexington ) and she feels comfortable with their advice. I am however going to recommend that she go to one of the ladies only learn to shoot classes. That way she can get the basics and then come out to the farm and shoot all she wants.

· Registered
350 Posts
I think the LCR-357 would be a fine choice, esp. if your sister-in-law ever intends to carry. If it's just a range gun, however, the SP101 would be preferable. At any rate, I can certainly understand staying out of the way. Great to hear she wants to shoot, whatever her final choice might be.

· Registered
2,593 Posts
I think the LCR-357 would be a fine choice, esp. if your sister-in-law ever intends to carry. If it's just a range gun, however, the SP101 would be preferable. At any rate, I can certainly understand staying out of the way. Great to hear she wants to shoot, whatever her final choice might be.
I agree. I am going to use my LCR 357 as my carry choice but there are better range guns.

· Administrator
23,662 Posts
Yeah... them lasers sure do cause troubles...:rolleyes:
No they cost money. The OP expressed concern about the cost so the logical conclusion when recommending a higher priced revolver is to delete the laser option.

I personally feel anyone starting out should learn the importance of sight alignment and how to accurately shoot without a crutch. Once they become proficient then the laser is an option if you need it. If you have to rely solely on it and it fails then that isn't the right time to learn how to use sights.

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
No they cost money. The OP expressed concern about the cost so the logical conclusion when recommending a higher priced revolver is to delete the laser option.

I personally feel anyone starting out should learn the importance of sight alignment and how to accurately shoot without a crutch. Once they become proficient then the laser is an option if you need it. If you have to rely solely on it and it fails then that isn't the right time to learn how to use sights.
Absolutely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.