Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody else as addicted to Mythbusters as I am?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I used to watch them a lot, but I feel a lot of their conclusions are just wrong...that and I'm adicted to CSI, Law & Order and the Western channel.....:)

·
Registered
758 Posts
I kinda like Mtthbusters, but I watch the Military Channel more than anything else.

·
Registered
60 Posts
One of the few shows I try to catch. Its fun to watch them build all that wild stuff. Yesterday I watched them build a steam powered machinegun that worked.

·
Registered
66 Posts
They have done several shows using guns.

Two shows involved shooting bullets into water. Interesting results, too. Seems that if you need to shoot something in the water, a slower moving bullet from a handgun works much better than a high powered rifle bullet. The slower moving bullet will penetrate much further. Some of the high power rifle bullets self destruct.

They did some tests on the terminal velocity of falling bullets, that had been shot straight up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not an Addiction

Just have trouble finding time to catch episodes that I haven't seen before. Love it when the blow something up:D

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I like them, but sometimes they upset me. When they did the episode about GySgt Hathcocks' claim to shooting through the scope, and used a modern scope with 2393847238 lens in it, they called it "Busted". They later realized their mistake (or by the sure volume of hate mail) they retracted their statement and called it plausible, due to scopes back them only have a few lenses, but the damage is already done. But other than that, the blowing up stuff is really cool!

·
Banned
282 Posts
I'm addicted! They also have a forum where they solicit viewer suggestions for myths to test.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've been to their website and into their forum. I've made suggestions of things to test. They never have as far as I know. I found the forum to be filled with rude, crude, know-it-alls.

Many of their tests are flawed in not only the test regimen, but in their conclusions. Many of the myths they test can be busted/proved on a piece of paper. Once I concluded that it is a show intended for entertainment rather than education, I stopped watching it.

The only part I really dislike is that some of the conclusions they arrive at are not only false, but are also dangerous. Although they give a disclaimer in each show, you know folks are going to try it themselves. The disclaimer is simply a CYA along with a buried enticement.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have watched the show some, its ok.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts