1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
What a neat little , extremely concealable , back-up gun . Been eyeballing these for awhile now . Would like to get a 22lr/ 22mag model but can't seem to find any 22mag ammo anywhere . Bet it's a fun little single action .

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I love my PUG, I just got a cheap little nylon thumb-snap holster for it so I can wear it when I go running.

I like the larger rubber grip so if I ever have to draw the thing I have something to grab and I can actually cock it. My .22 LR version is so hard to handle it's virtually unusable.

I have cold sweat nightmares about actually having to draw my .22 LR NAA mini under stress and actually having to use it, with that little micro sized grip........that gun's pretty much been retired to "go to the corner store and back while wearing sweatpants" status. The PUG actually has a usable grip and sights that actually work.

The word "groups" and "NAA Mini" just don't go together........they are "capable" of pretty surprising accuracy, but it's accuracy you're never going to see unless you're on a range, carefully aiming, at a bright target and taking your time:)

In the "real world" these are belly guns.....

I have the .22 Short NAA, I think I would trust my fists for defense before that thing. I bought it just to have the "world's smallest production firearm". .22 Short out of that sub-2" barrel doesn't even penetrate thick plastic, let alone stop an attacker. I don't call any gun a "toy", but this .22 Short is the closest thing to a loud pellet gun as it gets.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I too have one of the NAA mini's, in 22 WMR. I decided that if I'm going to actually carry one (and we know it's not a range gun) then I should get the most potent round available. A couple of ammo manufacturers are now making 22 WMR for "short barreled firearms", Speer and Hornady come to mind, but there may be others. One thing for sure, They Are LOUD little buggers! I can hit a gallon milk jug probably 4 out of five times with mine, although not at first. The front sight really doesn't help much and the rear is almost non existent. However once you learn where it naturally points (in your own hand), and you practice with it, you can actually do fairly well. Just hope you don't need to reload. If 5 didn't do it, you better run!

Here it is hanging out with some friends, and a simple pocket holster I fabbed up for it. The holster keeps it standing up in my pocket and offers some protection, but occasionally a dime gets down in there with it and has marred the finish. I'm curious how one would wear it around the neck Water Rat? How would you release it to use? I do like your grips though. Ahhh, wait a minute, I see the string on the holster now. Is the holster secure enough to hold it in place? Interesting idea .............

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
Couldn't hang on to my little Mini-magnum too well, so added the boot grip recently. Still can't hit diddly with it though. Bought it new over 25 years ago:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts