Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be fascinating.

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Two men in Poland claim they have found a legendary Nazi train that according to local lore was loaded with gold, gems and valuable art and vanished into a system of secret tunnels as the Germans fled advancing Soviet forces at the end of World War II.​

My Way News - Men claim to find Nazi train loaded with treasure in Poland

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yea it will be interesting and if they give the guys their 10% finders fee they will also make out :) It would be nice for all the stolen good to go back to where they belong or at least into a museum

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like to see thorough documentation in photos and video before the loot is returned. It's an archaeological site.

·
Super Moderator
21,673 Posts
How do you hide a train for 70 years? I'm guessing a lot of the rightful owners didn't survive the war. The Museums that were looted should be happy but how the gold and gems are handled should be interesting.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I'd like to see thorough documentation in photos and video before the loot is returned. It's an archaeological site.
Yes. Quite the find after 70 years. I hope they document everything on film also.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
How do you hide a train for 70 years? I'm guessing a lot of the rightful owners didn't survive the war. The Museums that were looted should be happy but how the gold and gems are handled should be interesting.
Supposedly, the Germans built a complex that possibly was going to be a command center. It had 7 camouflaged entrances. The train left in the middle of the night, made a 40 mile trip, and was never seen again. The entrances were probably collapsed after the train entered. Tracks were pulled up, then all the workers disposed of. Thats how the Germans did things.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
It will be very interesting to find out how they deal with the gold. Depending on where it came from, they may never be able to sell or use it.

·
Super Moderator
21,673 Posts
No matter what happens governments will get their fingers in the pot and steal most of the find again.
And they will make a big deal about returning the artwork but the fungible stuff is definitely at risk.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Once again I'm in the wrong place at the right time.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I wonder if the Russains will try to claim that for "war reparations" like all the other gold, art, & misc treasures, their " trophy brigades" found and made disappear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts