Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
It's been a great tourney to watch and truly lives up to the name "March Madness". It hasn't been great for my bracketology, however.

·
Super Moderator
21,215 Posts
Georgia State blew out my bracket in day 1. I had Baylor in the final 4 with Kentucky the winner.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, March Madness means upsets and for some underdogs, their 15 minutes of fame as potential Cinderellas. And that's why I don't do brackets anymore. :( :)

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,820 Posts
It seems like those who pay no attention to college basketball can often fill out the brackets better than those follow it closely. I quit the brackets but don't mind watching some action.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems like those who pay no attention to college basketball can often fill out the brackets better than those follow it closely. I quit the brackets but don't mind watching some action.
Yep!

·
Super Moderator
21,215 Posts
Nope because I fit that profile. I had no idea but filled it out anyway.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I wonder sometimes if I am the only one who has no desire to watch the ncaa basketball or the nfl or professional basketball or hockey? I do watch Yankee baseball and enjoy.

·
Registered
16,961 Posts
My teams haven't fared too well. Five Texas teams went into round two, and none came out.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All I am going to say like very much what NC state has said about Obummer & go University of Utah!!!
Imagine if that NC State player was white...
My teams haven't fared too well. Five Texas teams went into round two, and none came out.
Baylor's loss must have hurt the most.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Pony Soldier
8,471 Posts
My bracket busted the first round, picked Iowa St. to go to the final 2.
I was rooting for the Shockers today, they put the whip on the Jayhawks.

Greg

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Living almost within sight of the U of Louisville, and having Kentucky dominate the media (and the games) thus far...and the Hoosiers roll over and kick thir feet in round two, narrows my spectrum somewhat.

I do love the hype of the tourniment though. Living in So California for many years it was difficult to generate any spirit for the games...compared to the way work almost comes to a halt in some areas near us. I worked in Indiana and Kentucky Universities for a decade before returning to California back in the 80's and even if "my" school was not in the tourney, we had tv's going every day a game was being played.

None of my 6 sons are UofL or UK grads, they all went to the local Indiana U. campus or the two in Wisconsin attended up there...but except for the two Badger grads who are loyal to their school the others 4 boys and 2 girls all are fixed on U of L as the Pick !! One daughter in law is a U K grad...She sits gloating ready to claim her fame when it comes, but the rest of the family is ready to disown her if that happens... She will probably sponsor a family "DERBY PARTY" to make up for the victory dance she will do on the defeated Louisville team...when it happens. This is a very complex social event in this area..Certainly a lot more riding on it than a mere Basketball Trophy.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Living almost within sight of the U of Louisville, and having Kentucky dominate the media (and the games) thus far...and the Hoosiers roll over and kick thir feet in round two, narrows my spectrum somewhat.

I do love the hype of the tourniment though. Living in So California for many years it was difficult to generate any spirit for the games...compared to the way work almost comes to a halt in some areas near us. I worked in Indiana and Kentucky Universities for a decade before returning to California back in the 80's and even if "my" school was not in the tourney, we had tv's going every day a game was being played.

None of my 6 sons are UofL or UK grads, they all went to the local Indiana U. campus or the two in Wisconsin attended up there...but except for the two Badger grads who are loyal to their school the others 4 boys and 2 girls all are fixed on U of L as the Pick !! One daughter in law is a U K grad...She sits gloating ready to claim her fame when it comes, but the rest of the family is ready to disown her if that happens... She will probably sponsor a family "DERBY PARTY" to make up for the victory dance she will do on the defeated Louisville team...when it happens. This is a very complex social event in this area..Certainly a lot more riding on it than a mere Basketball Trophy.
Mayor Al, that's complicated ;)

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Louisville-Michigan State! Whew!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts