Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone deal with this rail on their ar556? Bought it was not cheap $94. Told it would fit all including the Ruger. Wrong sorta. First things first very nice rail the bad does not fit over the hand guard ring or bayonet stud. Off by about 1/4-1/2 ". Company states "grind away" or return. It does fit and looks good but the cutouts don't match up and lug is now unusable as a sling mount. Has anyone used a dermal on this rail with good results? I have one but hate to modify it. Again could just leave it alone although it does touch the ring and lug but don't think it will harm anything as is. Just wish it fit right at that cost. Again anyone deal with this rail yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar problem with a NcSTAR/VISM VMARTMLC triangle handguard. It doesn't clear the obviously NOT mil spec front sight assembly. I have $55 in it an might look into writing it off to make it fit. After all this is a hobby right? This handguard seems suited for my taste and didn't sink the budget. - Enjoy

·
Registered
17,073 Posts
I steer clear of anything NcStar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After some "custom figment" with a Drexel, a little grill paint touchup, and some swearing, I got my handguard to work on my 556. Not bad for $55 and a Saturday morning. Looks good and makes me "happy".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts