Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to order a partridge front sight insert for a Ruger No. 1 from NECG. It costs $42. ($55. Canadian) Okay, no real problem except shipping to me in Canada is an additional $50. ($65.32 Canadian) for two ounces?

I can drive to the New Hampshire address of NECG in an afternoon....its not that far from here...

....but $50 to put a two ounce sight in a padded envelope?

With the Canadian dollar worth only 75 cents these days, that front sight blade would cost me just over $120.

Crazy. Not happening.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't get me going on the price of gas up here...but I do have some business in NYC in a few months, and I need to take my truck, so I may as well stop in. Does NECG actually have a retail type store?

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I love Canada but stuff like that stinks. My friend from college lived in upstate New York and he paid much for for mail to Montreal 100 or so miles away and far less to a freind in Hawaii over 4500 miles away.

·
Registered
673 Posts
A few years ago, I sold my Ruger 1V in 220 Swift to a guy in Canada. By the time he got the rifle, he had nearly bought the rifle twice with all of the fees, taxes and special shipping charges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts