Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So frustrating. The RPR I picked up (and LOVE) is 43.75 in. unfolded. Nearly every decent case is 42 inches on the inside. You can fold it and take the length down to 36.5, but then you're squashing the lid to get it into the case, and I'm not gonna do that with this rifle. SO. Most manufacturers do 36 in, then up to 42, and from 42 inches they go all the way up to 52 for some bizarre reason. I don't need or want a 52 inch case, way too long for a 43-44 inch rifle. Ideally, it would be a 48 inch case at MOST, and not a $500 Pelican. Just a good case that isn't longer than the truck bed, is TSA safe, and will protect my new toy. Apologies if I'm repeating old conversation topics.

Anyone?

·
Registered
128 Posts
My humble opinion, if you're going to have a $1k- $1,500 rifle with $1,000 + scope on it, its worth spending a couple hundred bucks to protect it! Spend some time online looking for used cases, buy replacement foam, save a bundle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RPR Case

Thanks, and I agree on spending a dollar to protect a higher-end rifle, just hoping to avoid having a case that weighs 20 lbs empty, so I was leaning away from the Pelicans (we have them here at Cal Ranch). Ideally, it would be configured like a Pelican, stretch to a 48 inch max exterior length, and weigh in a little less than that 20 lb beast, since it'll probably get hauled around a lot. Weird thing is, there aren't really that many cases that meet my specs (that I'd consider buying). I have a 52 in cheapo now, and it's like carrying around a javelin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts