Ruger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts
I've joined the FrogLube group, recently purchsed a small tub and I believe that it has made a difference on both of my guns. I highly recommend it, the medium tub was $11.00, but it doesn't take much to do both guns and I like the appearance, cleaning and all around way it performs...give it a try.
Glad you liked it. It's hard for anyone to believe their claims until they try it themselves. The stuff is just amazing and I support it 100%!

James6591 I have a can of that G96 that I purchased 30 years ago & it is empty. I have been searching everywhere for it. I am from the Chicago suburbs & cannot find it. I gave up thinking that they are no longer in business. Any help I would appreciate it. I love the stuff.
Walk into any AU LGS and they will have it, no good to you I know..... :D
See below, GJ has a lead.

Smells like bubblegum. Grabagun.com Guns ? Guns For Sale ? Grabagun.com Online Gun Store has it for $10.91 with free shipping.
Sheeeesh mate, I pay over AU$25 here.

Tetra is very good. I also use Frog lube. For now, at least for me, it is Tetra and Frog lube ... depending on the application. Generally, I use Tetra for the inner springs, like the firing pin springs for my bolt guns. I also use Tetra for slides on my pistols. I use the Frog lube pretty much for everything else.

I use a product called RIG. It is a light silicone grease that works well, and is inexpensive........Robin

Just ordered some Froglube to try . Liked the the utube post.

What do I use? This! Exclusively. Since 1954. NEVER had a problem. :)

And, as a free bonus, the distinctive aroma of Hoppes Nr.9 Solvent is divine. :D :D

Tetra is very good. I also use Frog lube. For now, at least for me, it is Tetra and Frog lube ... depending on the application. Generally, I use Tetra for the inner springs, like the firing pin springs for my bolt guns. I also use Tetra for slides on my pistols. I use the Frog lube pretty much for everything else.
NOTE: FrogLube will displace any petroleum based products! Combining it with other lubes is NOT recommended.

NOTE: FrogLube will displace any petroleum based products! Combining it with other lubes is NOT recommended.
I never said I combined the two did I? Frog Lube does indeed displace petroleum based products. In fact, Frog Lube is a waxy based substance. Somewhere else, I guessed it was some kind of ester, which will displace petroleum lubes.

What I did say was I used the Tetra in some applications and Frog lube just about everywhere else. Normally, I apply the Frog lube 1st, then let it soak in as per directions in the areas I want the Frog lube. I then dab the Tetra in the inner workings, such as the hammer spring and firing pin and the inside of the bolt.

I am not so sure whether or not I want to use Frog Lube on my bolt guns though. This is because I am getting such good results using only Tetra. All of my semi autos have been converted over to Frog Lube, and it seems to be working pretty well ... so far.

I never said I combined the two did I? Frog Lube does indeed displace petroleum based products. In fact, Frog Lube is a waxy based substance. Somewhere else, I guessed it was some kind of ester, which will displace petroleum lubes.

What I did say was I used the Tetra in some applications and Frog lube just about everywhere else. Normally, I apply the Frog lube 1st, then let it soak in as per directions in the areas I want the Frog lube. I then dab the Tetra in the inner workings, such as the hammer spring and firing pin and the inside of the bolt.

I am not so sure whether or not I want to use Frog Lube on my bolt guns though. This is because I am getting such good results using only Tetra. All of my semi autos have been converted over to Frog Lube, and it seems to be working pretty well ... so far.
You are combining them by apply them to the same firearm. It won't hurt the FrogLube, but it will cause your petroleum based products to migrate away. The only good they will do is to attract dirt. FrogLube will not attract dirt and in fact, it will make it so that dirt, dust, carbon, etc., cannot stick.

I've used FrogLube on my Remington 700 SPS .308 with no problem.

You are combining them by apply them to the same firearm. It won't hurt the FrogLube, but it will cause your petroleum based products to migrate away. The only good they will do is to attract dirt. FrogLube will not attract dirt and in fact, it will make it so that dirt, dust, carbon, etc., cannot stick.

I've used FrogLube on my Remington 700 SPS .308 with no problem.
So; do you now use Frog Lube exclusively on everything?

I was thinking about doing that. Old habits die hard I suppose.

So; do you now use Frog Lube exclusively on everything?

I was thinking about doing that. Old habits die hard I suppose.
Yep, everything! Even the parts I never used to lube. Just be sure that when you first apply it to a gun, make sure the parts are warm (about 100°) and let the FrogLube stay on for 30-60 minutes. Use liquid on parts like springs and areas you can't reach. Alternatively, you can heat the FrogLube in a microwave for a few seconds. You can liquefy the paste that way.

These tips are all on their website, and more.

Is Frog Lube a order item only?
They're seeking dealers all the time. You can get a list at froglube.com.

I bought mine through Amazon.

Yep, everything! Even the parts I never used to lube. Just be sure that when you first apply it to a gun, make sure the parts are warm (about 100°) and let the FrogLube stay on for 30-60 minutes. Use liquid on parts like springs and areas you can't reach. Alternatively, you can heat the FrogLube in a microwave for a few seconds. You can liquefy the paste that way.

These tips are all on their website, and more.
To tell you the truth, I am using Frog Lube more and more. I have found that Frog Lube really works well as a bore conditioner. Cleaning the bore after conditioning with Frog lube appears to be a lot easier. I need to use only a few passes with my cleaning brushes and jags in order to get a really clean bore.

Most likely, I will probably start using it on everything too. When I first found out about it, I went out and purchased a large tub of the stuff. I also found that you do not need much of this to really work. So far, I have only used the stuff that has been stuck to the lid of the tub for all of my firearms. I have not even used any of the lube that is in the tub.

To tell you the truth, I am using Frog Lube more and more. I have found that Frog Lube really works well as a bore conditioner. Cleaning the bore after conditioning with Frog lube appears to be a lot easier. I need to use only a few passes with my cleaning brushes and jags in order to get a really clean bore.

Most likely, I will probably start using it on everything too. When I first found out about it, I went out and purchased a large tub of the stuff. I also found that you do not need much of this to really work. So far, I have only used the stuff that has been stuck to the lid of the tub for all of my firearms. I have not even used any of the lube that is in the tub.
I've lost count of how many guns or times I've cleaned with it. I bought the kit with sn 8oz tub and bottle. I've used both and they're still pactically full. It doesn't take much. I hope that it stays profitable for them to sell it for this price.

I've seen little samples given away at gunshows. Grab some if you find it! :D

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.