Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a SR556 CLA and noticed it only has a rail on the top. Any recommendations for a full or partial rail on the bottom? I want to attach a Magpul RVG or similar grip.

BTW, gun is awesome, can't wait to through some rounds down range.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah....Nevermind. While looking through the case again this morning, I found packed in the box with the gun lock several short rail sections for the underside of the Fore end. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Same thing happened with my new SR762. If you decide you want a longer rail Ruger has this.

I love my SR556 and with Iron sights I'm in the black to about 150, once in a while I'm in the black at 200.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Same thing happened with my new SR762. If you decide you want a longer rail Ruger has this.

I love my SR556 and with Iron sights I'm in the black to about 150, once in a while I'm in the black at 200.
Very accurate, when I dial the gas regulator to zero and treat it like a bolt gun, I can get great groups!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the link Sundown. Can I ask, what gas setting are you using? I had my SR556 out for the first time today and had mine set at the #1 and the #2. Most spent cases were slightly aft, is that good? Bumping it to 3 puts spent rounds forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts