Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I do mean rotation... I carry either the RIA M1911-A1 CS .45 cal., the CZ75D PCR 9mm, the Keltec P32 .32ACP, the S&W bodyguard .38 spl., the Tarus Curve .380, or the Bersa BP9CC 9mm

I should look into a Ruger...

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
NAA Guardian .380.........add something all-steel and .380 to the rotation.....I hear that Pine Tree casting makes the frames for those but it's not confirmed so it would be kind of a Ruger "half brother":)

Otherwise I like my LCP but the Curve fills that same niche.......

Final vote, 3" GP100 for "winter carry" , they carry nice when you have something heavier on to cover it up, and the added punch and heft of a real "combat" six gun is comforting.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Nice carry rotation!

What are you thinking of adding? You have most of your bases covered. Maybe a LCR in 9mm?

Seems like you need a NAA mini revolver, too. :cool:

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
NAA PUG .22 WMR, I just got one and it's probably one of the coolest guns in my collection.......I got the Tritium version.

Packs a punch, handles easier than my .22 LR Mini and not much harder to conceal. I need to get a good pocket holster for it.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I had the Black Widow (I need a NAA too!) And that was still easy to carry in the pocket or IWB. I just took an Uncle Mike's revolver holster and chopped it to fit the Widow. All good.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Nice carry rotation!

What are you thinking of adding? You have most of your bases covered. Maybe a LCR in 9mm?

Seems like you need a NAA mini revolver, too. :cool:
Check out the LCRs.
The LCR357 or LCR9 seem to be a logical fit.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The SR9c was my first EDC and, without regret, remains in my rotation.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I think that collection is screaming for a medium fame .357. GP100 3-4 inch would solve that problem. Wiley Clapp or Match Champion maybe?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice array of weapons.

I'm curious though, in the flash adrenaline dump of an actual self defense encounter, how do you remember instantly what and where you're carrying? I've kind of been trying to stay with one weapon, in one location, so my all-too-limited faculties aren't overtaxed should I ever need to deploy it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice array of weapons.

I'm curious though, in the flash adrenaline dump of an actual self defense encounter, how do you remember instantly what and where you're carrying? I've kind of been trying to stay with one weapon, in one location, so my all-too-limited faculties aren't overtaxed should I ever need to deploy it.
Agreed. I remember a stressful situation when I was driving and I didn't even remember to release the emergency brake.

I alternate between an SR9c and a Colt Defender 45, depending on if I am with my wife or not. They are very similar in function and I carry each the same way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Here you go! If you carry, carry large! This is my EDC, Ruger Alaskan 44mag, with 44spl for around down, and mags for the woods!
Waiting on a nice leather holster for my Ruger as we speak!!! Oh, the S&W is nice too!! It is my other CCW piece...I don't carry it as much because it's too pretty to put in a holster!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice array of weapons.

You are probably right (I'll be slower since I do have various carry locations)

However, I try to carry each (except the Keltec which is in pocket holster) near 3:00 for consistency... But sure depends on weather and dress

·
Registered
198 Posts
You need a DoubleTap, and a BIG shooting glove.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts