Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The picture below illustrates what I'm going to do to my SPR. There are lots of handsome wood grips for the 1911 out there, but I have it in my mind that I want to use vintage (preferably WW2) genuine US Army issue grips. I have spent hours searching and only came up with one place that is out of stock and no indication that they will be getting more any time soon. You shall be lavished with gratitude if you can help me out here.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Here's two: The Old Western Scrounger and Gun Parts Inc, a/k/a Numrich arms.......robin

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the good leads. A few have the plastic/hard rubber grips but none had checkered walnut. Numrich was one of the first places I looked and was a little surprised that they didn't have them.

For now, just to get this rifle looking the way I want, I'm going to get the grip adapter with budget new manufacture walnut grip panels. I'll just have to keep searching for the real deal. May be a good excuse to go to some of those gun shows in PA.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at ebay and just not confident about authenticity. I found walnut panels I can live with. They are new Springfield Armory GI grips, I think the same ones made for issue but sold on the consumer market too. Under $25 for the set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts