Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a SS Police Service Six that my wife's Dad. He bought the 4'' new in the late 70's and may have shot it 10 times. I need a nylon holster and I was thinking about some help on the trigger. Any advice on either would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'm not sure I understand....

It's a 4" SS that was your father-in-law's that he bought new in the '70's. It's been shot maybe 10 times and there's a problem of some sort with the trigger?

You want a nylon holster for it?

Without knowing what the problem with the trigger is - no comment.

Nylon holsters are quite common - Uncle Mikes, etc. Brownell's and Midway will have them for that gun but the gun, while an excellent gun, is getting quite old so parts and after market things like grips are getting scarce.

Personally, I'm not a fan of nylon holsters for carry as they usually don't mount to your belt very securely and tend to flop around but you didn't say what your purpose was. However, if the purpose is just to secure it for travel or storage they work fine enough.

Nice gun and good for you on keeping it in the family.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I suggest finding a 'Blackhawk' nylon holster for your revolver, they are made in the USA.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spike, the only problem with the trigger is that it is a DA heavy trigger. I was thinking about a kit that would make it better. I am use to shooting SA/DA Sigs and I am spoiled. Thanks!

·
Registered
563 Posts
If the DA movement is too heavy for your taste you can get aftermarket spring kits with various weight mainsprings. Wolff makes a kit for the Six series guns. Go to Brownells or MidwayUSA to get them. Changing the mainspring is not hard to do and it will lighten up the DA pull.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have used vintage Bullseye kits but they can be tricky.... I would leave the trigger return spring alone and just add a Wolff spring. I have used the Wolff kit in one of my service sixes and it came with a 14 lb spring that made the pull heavier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts