Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this nice leather bandolario field holster online. The only problem is they have discontinued the holster for the GP100 which is the one I need. They still have two of the holsters for the Super Redhawk. My question is, will the GP100 fit in the Super Redhawk holster. I know the holster will be longer at 7.5", but what about the frame & cylinder, Is there that much difference, or will the Super Redhawk holster swallow the GP100? Any advise would greatly be appriciated.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would contact El Paso Saddlery (sp?) to get a holster of the style you need...don't ever let your gun rattle around in a holster too big for it---when you need it, it may have left you......

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, proper fit is a must. Thats why I had asked for input, I wasnt sure about the differences in frame & cylinder size. I had called Sportsman Warehouse where I had seen this field holster and he didnt have one of each to compare, so I called Ruger and the young lady in customer service couldnt answer any of my questions about frame sizes of the two, or anything else. She did try thou, I could here here on her key board trying to get the answer, but after 15 minutes, I just gave up. Maybe I will just go the the gun shop tomorrow and compare the two.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
the best way to answer your question sir the Super Redhawk is the N frame and the GP100 is the L frameusing S&W as a guide to help me answer the question. The differance would be enough that the weapon wouldn't fit securely which is what ya need. El Passo makes some darn fine holster's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply's, Im going to continue looking for that perfect bandolaro shoulder holster for field use. Here's what it looks like, but it was discontinued.

This one for the GP100 6" was also discontinued.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The Redhawk would interchange with the GP in some cases, but the Super Redhawk has the extended frame that would make it way too big for the GP. Even with the same barrel length. That Bandolaro style doesn't look that comfortable for any strenous activity. I would hope it had a belt tie down to keep it from swinging out or moving much.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the information Jimbo, Yes it does have a adjustable belt clip and its adjustable at the shoulder also. The shoulder carries most of the weight, the sliding clip just keeps the holster at the side. As far as comfort, I have one that is similar, but all worn out,The groove that the clip slides on is worn out and broken. Its also made out of nylon and kydex type material. its a lot more comfortable when tromping around in the woods all day, than my 6" SS King Cobra or 6" SS GP100 in a hip holster, with ammo pouch and other accessories on my belt.(Lotta weight pulling pants down). It also works well if carrying a rifle or shotgun. My only concern with the all leather one, would be sweating all day on the leather, that leather strap could get hot & heavy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a photo of my old rig,Its over 10 years old and falling apart, been wet a few times. on the 2nd photo you can see the belt clip on the back side. it slides back & forth on that strap that is broken to the right side, so the clip just slides right off the holster because of the broken strap. King Cobra in the holster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts