Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know.... I dont know what I have done, but something bad Im sure. Just got a new Mark III hunter and went to the range and shot cople hundred rounds. Loved it. Now disasembly was a breeze and cleaned up nicely, problem came after putting it back pulling back the slide it stoped about half way back. So undid the rear pin and I cannot get it to come out of the handle..... I have racked my brain and tried everything I can think of about to turn to crying...Has anyone ever experinced this before and can lend me a bit of help. Much appreciated...Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much. Thanks to Dr. Bullseye on the trouble shooting page, with a little nudging with a wooden mallet I was able to release the hammer forward, came apart easy and after trying again via internet pictures (mucho better) assembled with out any problems. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a newbie, but I've been lurking and trying to learn. I just field stripped my "new-to-me" 22/45 Mark III for the first time. For about 25 minutes I could not get the bolt to slide all the way back in. I was memorizing all the info. on the net trying to figure it out. Finally I had one of those "idiot moments" and realized my slide stop was up. Slide it down and problem solved. Boy this gun is fun to shoot.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yep, a 22/45 has a detent ball in the bolt stop lever, it can easily get pushed up and locked into the hold bolt open mode. Good that you figured it out, hopefully got it without using a bunch of colorful words.

Have fun shooting that pistol.

R,
Bullseye

1 - 7 of 7 Posts