Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this gun for a long time, it has been handed down. Other than it being a .22 pistol I don't know much about them, I do know it's very reliable. Anyways, I noticed on the barrel it is stamped .22 magnum and on the cylinder it is stamped .22 LR. Does this mean you can put a .22 magnum cylinder in it? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Sorry to tell you this, but that is a Rohm Model 66 and not a Ruger at all. The Rohm 22 revolvers were around in the 60s, as I recall, and were an inexpensive alternative to Colt and Ruger single action 22s. Never owned one, but assuming it's in good condition, should be safe to shoot. From the looks of things, it was probably a convertible and the mag cylinder disappeared along the way.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
It's likely someone here on the forum probably has one and knows a bit more of the history on them and the markings. My memory ain't what it used to be, but I do remember seeing them around back in the day. At any rate, Ruger never made a Model 66.

If the gun shoots, though, I'd keep shooting it and have fun.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Probably won't have any resale value or trade-in value, true, but if it's still shooing without any problems after all these years, I wouldn't rate it as junk. Like I said, just shoot it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Probably won't have any resale value or trade-in value, true, but if it's still shooing without any problems after all these years, I wouldn't rate it as junk. Like I said, just shoot it and enjoy it.
What it looks like is that RG pistols in general are considered junk, I agree if it shoots well it's a keeper. My winter neighbor had a RG Model 38S 38spl and when I brought it to a LGS I was told don't try to shoot it, yet it looked in good condition. I didn't shoot it. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts