Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to acquire an LCR in 357 mag or an LC9. Finances will only allow me one. Im leaning toward the LC9 but I need opinions....Anyone?

·
Jaded James
900 Posts
Without a doubt go with the LCR. I have both and the LCR rides with me every day.

EDIT: The trigger on the LCR is what the trigger on the LC9 should be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got ya. How does it compare to the SR9c trigger??

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I have an opportunity to acquire an LCR in 357 mag or an LC9. Finances will only allow me one. Im leaning toward the LC9 but I need opinions....Anyone?
That's a tough one. I have the LCR .38 and the LC 9, and I'd hate to have to give one of them up. The LCR has the "better" trigger of the two, but the LC9 is great for pocket carry and has three more rounds capacity. Neither of them will print the groups that the SR9c will, though. I would think of it in terms of which one will I own FIRST. In my case, it was the LCR.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I have both the SR9c & LCR 357 w/CT & a xs standard dot front sight; I enjoy both guns for different reasons. I carry my LCR all the time IWB with either Remora or Crossbreed holsters. I have complete confidence that I will be able to defend myself with either, but my LCR is my EDC. The LCR is a pull & let them have it firearm. I shoot paper targets, toys & spinners well with my LCR. I do not have issues with recoil using 38 & 38+p ammo. I have not shot 357 in it yet. :)

I would suggest that you might want to rent the guns and test them both before buying.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I have the LCR-357 and really like it. Nice trigger, light, and easy carry. Lots of options on ammo, but I stick to.38s, .357s are a real handful. I guess it comes down to whether you are more of a pistol guy or a revolver guy, and what the main use will be. The LCRs are great for CCW, not so good as a range gun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my LCR deal went bye bye. Was a first come deal and seller didnt want to wait for me. So I am going Saturday to pick up an LC9 and Mossberg 500 shotgun. Better deal for the money anyway. LCR next time.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah the LC9 trigger illicits a lot of gripes. But keep in mind the intent of the design; a small, easy to conceal carrying piece with more punch that a 380. The long trigger pull is actually a plus for such a use IMO. No "accidental" discharges are likely under stress or during reholstering and such like you frequently hear about with Glocks. The long trigger means you have to actively want it to go bang. You can carry with one in the pipe and safety off with no qualms.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After the few upgrades I found for the LC9 Im looking forward to owning one.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Can't comment on the LCR, had the LC9 and these old fingers could not handle that long trigger pull, by the time it went bang I was shaking like a dog pooping peach seeds. Gave the gun to son in law, he was happy with it. I do love my SR9C.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Can't comment on the LCR, had the LC9 and these old fingers could not handle that long trigger pull, by the time it went bang I was shaking like a dog pooping peach seeds. Gave the gun to son in law, he was happy with it. I do love my SR9C.
Made me giggle for sure! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts