Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to reload and shoot a lot when I worked nights. Since I moved from my old place and switched to a day job, all that has suffered. I used to think I was a pretty accomplished reloader, but you can forget a lot when you don't do something for years. Back then I had an FFL and was able to buy my reloading supplies cheaper. I have some old reloading equipment that has been in moth balls for 15 to 20 years.

I've got some new P-Series Rugers and would like to get some rounds through them. Since I have quite a bit a brass collected, I could start reloading for the .45 ACP pretty easily. I don't have any dies for the .40 S&W or 9 mm and I don't know if it's cost effective to reload them. Wally World is a pretty cheap source for 9mm - probably about as cheap as I could reload them. It's been years since I bought any powder, primers or bullets. I'm sure that they, like everything else, have sky-rocketed in price. I used to cast most of my bullets for the .45 Colt, .45 ACP, 44 Mag and .38/357, but I don't have the ambition to do that any more. Does anyone have a good source for cast SWC's that don't cost an arm, 2 legs, your first-born child + shipping and handling? Any suggestions on whether or not it's worth it to load the 9's and 40's? I realize that half of the reason for reloading is self-satisfaction and the ability to customize loads for a specific gun. I'm just looking at raw material cost - my labor isn't worth much any more!
Thanks, Tom

· Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help White dog. I have a Cabelas about 60 miles away and I just found out we have a Sportsmans Warehouse in Wichita. That's about a two and half hour drive. I'll have to check them out.

· Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
quote:Originally posted by kansas45

rman. Where do you live from Wichita? The Sportsmans Warehouse has a good supply of re-loading equipment & supplies. Also, Powder Valley is just a few miles east of Winfield. They will ship your stuff or you can walk in & pick it up yourself. You can reach them at
[email protected]
I live Northeast of Topeka and it's about 160 miles to Wichita, or about 2 hours and 45 minutes. We don't go down there much, but I think a little field trip might be in order. Every once in a while we decide to go somewhere for the weekend just to get away. You know, as long as were going.....
Thanks, Tom

· Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will check into some of these sources. Just another reason I like this forum - everyone is really helpful!
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.